Come on brain, don't fail me now!

econtiff
on 12/4/12 12:02 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
My mind is messing with me. I have 20lbs until my goal. It seems so far away though. Not sure what's going on. Is my willpower waning ? Only 7 months in ? Plus, it's hard when you are so much smaller than before. I'm wearing a size 8/10, look good and hit high school weight. Gotta set more non weight-related goals don't you think ?

I am training for a 15K in March and have a 5K on Saturday.

14lbs from my doctor's goal for me then maybe I gotta deviate from the numbers huh ? Oy.
supercatwoman2003
on 12/4/12 1:04 am

ive wondered about that too. (i haven't had surgery yet) talked to the hubby last night about it, im going to make a bucket list of all things i couldn't do due to weight. first one on my list: sitting cross legged in a chair...oh yea.  and im leaning more to not weigh myself and more for the using clothes and things i do to measure my weight loss. i have these favorite jeans of mine that i feel in love with! but when i bought them i was a couple pounds still to big to wear them. im going to by the time this is all done don't care if i have to use a belt to keep them babies up! the thought of running is amazing- hubby was air force and still works out daily and i cant keep up with him when he runs and i really want to be able to join him.

your weight is a number, it doesn't say hey ive lost 100+ pounds already. it reminds you of where your wanting to go still. seems like a negative to me.  good luck on your run!

econtiff
on 12/4/12 11:03 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

Thank you for your response! I didn't start even dreaming up exercise-related goals until I started getting into running and realized I had never run a 5K. Then I realized how intimidated I was by taking a Yoga, Spin and Pilates classes. I've also never gone rock climbing or kayaking.

Thank you for the perspective.

rhearob
on 12/4/12 5:44 am - TN

As you get close to goal - it will slow down.  It will screw with your mind.

For me, I was fighting and fighting and fighting.  It seemed like those last 10 lbs were not going to come off.  I said screw it and declared goal, started upping my calories.

The next 10 lbs fled in terror without me even trying.

The next 7 lbs were cut off.

I am now hovering between 18 and 15 lbs below where I declared goal.

I don't chalk it up to the increased calories, I chalk it up to not stressing over it.  By calling goal and celebrating I beat the part of my brain that was fighting the weight loss.

My advice here, is not to up your calories or declare goal early - but to not stress over it.  You have done an amazing job tiff.  You got it right - dont focus on the weight, focus on your training and your other non weight related goals.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

econtiff
on 12/4/12 11:27 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12

Thanks, Rob. Your words mean so much to me. I am trying my best here! My goal weight has actually shifted a bit because of my height difference so I can do less and still be within healthy BMI. I'm having a hard time dissociating from those numbers though. Also, going in to talk to the plastics doctor may not have been the best thing recently because he told me how most of what I don't like can just be removed. I've never had a flat stomach. My anatomy just isn't that way so the thought of that is so appealing. I just don't want to settle. And I've been saying that since 40lbs ago. lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views