Day 2 of pre op liquid diet! Feeling hungry already...

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/4/12 2:33 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Yikes! I did good yesterday and today I drank my breakfast shake and now here we are 10:30 am and I'm already thinking about food. Please tell me this gets easier! I'm scared that if I can't at least hang with the pre op diet , how am I gonna be able to do the post op diet..??? Food is such a strong addiction. I see food places everywhere I go. I smell the food in the air at lunch time ! I feel like a crack head! H E L P me Lord be strong

KnitsByMama
on 12/4/12 2:34 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Just keep drinking Keep your belly full of whatever you are allowed per your surgeon. Drink the shakes, water, popsicles, jello. It will be ok. You CAN do it!!

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/4/12 2:38 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Thank you : ) I will keep drinking water.

synthangel
on 12/4/12 2:55 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

I felt that way too it is so normal. Also add broths to have something savory. And if you are allowed to have full liquids you can also have strained soups (I liked cream of mushroom and tomato) add in a little flavorless protein, greek yogurt, and sugar free pudding (freaking saved me on my liquid phase)

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashlee
on 12/4/12 3:01 am
VSG on 12/17/12

I started my pre-op diet yesterday too.  How many shakes are you allowed to drink?  I can do 3-4 per day and a sensible meal.  I have a hard time getting it all down.  I did find that I do better if I do 2 shakes in the morning, meal at lunch time, and then shake(s) in the evening.  For some reason that satisfies me more.  Drink lots of water and find out what kind of snacks you could have (cheese pieces, jerky, nuts, etc.) and put those in a snack sized baggy (it's more than half the size of a regular baggy) so the portion is already measured for you.

Are you tracking what you take in?  I started really using My Fitness Pal yesterday and while it's kind of a pain to keep up with everything (you're going to have to do this afterwards anyway, right?) it really opens your eyes to what you are doing.

And just so you don't think I'm some goody-goody ;-) yesterday I did my shakes during the day and was so hungry for real food at night that I went to McDonalds...while I wasn't horribly over my calories, it still wasn't a healthy choice to make and I just re-evaluated what I was doing.  But something about having it documented somewhere makes me feel accountable for it...even if it's just to myself.

You can do this!!!

***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

LadiWobs
on 12/4/12 3:37 am

I started mine on the 28 of nov and I find myself starving. I even made a plan and I am still hungry.  Mu doctor told me I could only  have 4 optifast shakes 1 bar and 1 soup 3 SF jello's 3 popsicles and any water calorie free SF drink. Still hunger. I do very well until dinner.  When I asked her if I could add a soup for a day she told me no because of the sodium.     I really don’t think this is fair and yesterday I could not take it  so I made me so  homemade chicken broth and drank it for dinner. It worked. I really don’t see why it’s a big deal.  It’s not like I want a meal  the soup fills me up.  Here is my eating habits.

9:00 AM

Shake/Jello

11:00am

Shake

1:00pm

Soup,Jello and Water

3:00pm

Bar and water

5:00pm

Shake

7:00pm

Homemade chicken broth, Jello and Water

9:00pm

Popsicle

At least 1 8oz of water in between.

Do you think this will hurt me from having my surgery dec 12  ?

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/4/12 3:59 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Wow that's really good. I dont think it will hurt you. I think you will be fine. I am going to verify with the NUT because I am a little unsure of the snacks I could be having. Thanks for all the input! We are on our way!

mdusha
on 12/4/12 8:35 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I'm 1.5 weeks into my 2 week liquid diet before surgery this Friday, December 7th, Per the doctor's orders, I may have four protein shakes a day, 3 dairy servings (usually in my protein shake), one cup of raw veggies a day, and as much broth, water, sugar free jello and crystal light as i want. I drink a good amount of broth ( 3 cups a day, I think on average).  Two days in, and my hunger was pretty well gone. I DID dream of food the first few nights, but that subsided as well. Hang in there, it does get easier...you can so do this!

For me, not being able to really eat suddenly left me very aware of all the places food filled my life. Some quiet moments to really contemplate what got me here and how to never return.

Hang tough! :-))

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views