Home from surgery!

rissa1224
on 12/6/12 8:35 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
So I wanted to first say THANK YOU to everyone and their supportive kind words. I was in a huge panic for a few days and all I did was cry. No idea why.

My surgery was yesterday. All went great. I cried when they wheeled me away to the OR and my surgeon was just the sweetest, along with the nurses and anesthesiologist. I woke up in a craze and in pain of course. Was in recovery for about 2 hours until they moved me to my room. The nurses were beyond amazing. I hardly used my morphine button an they were all shocked.

The most pain I have is of course my gas pains. I have only burped tiny burps. If I nap too long and don't do my breathing or walking around it gets awful. I just took a nap and now I'm in pain. So I sipped and walked for a while around my house and up n down the stairs.

Are hiccups normal? When I burp I also get a few hiccups. Damn they r painful too. My abdomen is a little sore but the gas pains overpower that. I know it's normal but Woosh! Just took a half a perc (since I don't like pain meds) and they gave me an rx for a generic for Pepcid. Hopefully that also helps.

I am still in shock I did this. I can't wait to see my successes. I just hope I don't freak out and have regrets the next few weeks while I am slowly doing my liquid and softs diets.

MuttLover
on 12/6/12 8:42 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Great to hear that things are going pretty well!  Hiccups and some burping are both normal!

You'll do fine on liquids and softs -- if you have any questions or need ideas, we're here for you!

Take care, keep up that walking, sipping, burping, hiccuping, and probably there will be some farting along the way as well!  Remember liquid in and liquid out -- so I suggest heading for the porcelain throne for the first few times you pass gas!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

rissa1224
on 12/6/12 8:46 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
Trust me I have 0 shame. And can not wait to fart. I don't feel that feeling down that way but I do have the upper gas. Damn the hiccups hurt! As long as its normal its ok with me! I took too long of a nap I suppose, and my body said hey, f u. So now it's slowly better. Thankfully they let me take that breathing machine home so I can do my breaths too. It helps move the gas around so I can sip then burp/hiccup. Thank you. I will probably have many more questions. My mom, still live at home, keeps asking for food ideas so she can prepare. I haven't met with my NUT yet about stages 3+. Right now she said week 1 is Isopure for protein, broth, ice pops, tea, water. Can't wait, lol!

sonia29
on 12/6/12 8:47 am

I'm so happy for you!

Pollyanna16
on 12/6/12 8:52 am
VSG on 12/28/12

Rissa, Good for you. Glad you got through it.  Hope you continue to do well

Terrimarv
on 12/6/12 9:13 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
I came home today, too, and I feel your pain (really!). Great that you have your mama to take care of you; I'm envious of that. I have my 19 y/o daughter, but not quite the same. Best of luck to you. Your picture is so pretty--can't wait to see your 3month follow-up!
Newtowngirl66
on 12/6/12 12:21 pm - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

CONGRATS 2 U!!

I am waiting for my date and go thru alot of emotions while waiting.. But it is good to hear from someone who has just crossed over to the "loser's bench"!!

Pleeeaase keep posting in the days to follow for the ones about to begin this part of the journey.. U are an inspiration!!

Kris

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views