Feels like the flu with no fever?

wmubronco03
on 12/7/12 8:35 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
So my constant feeling of being cold has morphed into feeling like I have the flu but with no fever. Everything aches, I'm exhausted and a little bit wobbly. To top it of a gas bubble showed up today. Grrrr. I'm trying to keep eating and drinking but it's not going well. I feel so crappy! Blah! Okay done whining now...

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/7/12 9:42 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
You might be wise to check with your doctor on Monday. There's an awful lot going on in your body right now. You may need changes in meds you've been on. Also, because it's hard to get in our water at first we're at a higher than usual risk for UTIs, which can manifest as dizziness, weakness, exhaustion, disorientation etc rather than the pain and fever we'd expect. Yes, this is the voice of experience.

At a month out I felt wobbly, woozy, exhausted and disoriented. My sis harassed me into calling my doctor, and by the time I'd had to ask for the third time what time his walk-in clinic started the receptionist told me to come straight in. I needed off my BP meds and I had a low level UTI. 3 days on antibiotics and I was a new woman. (and my formerly very high BP still sits at a happy and unmedicated 110/70)

Short term - really work on your fluids, get some extra rest, and don't be shy about checking with your doctor if you still feel awful on Monday.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

wmubronco03
on 12/7/12 12:18 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
Thanks Kelly Ann! To be completely, stupidly honest... I didn't realize dudes could get UTIs. I had to google it! Anyway I looked over MFP and realized that I've come up short the last 3 days on water and since I'm in the liquids stage... You know... Liquid in, liquid out. And it has been really bad the last two days so I think I'm just really dehydrated. I'll try getting into some low cal Gatorade tomorrow. I got an extra 4 cups in since it occurred to me to look into it I already feel better. Thanks for responding!

Rita M.
on 12/7/12 10:42 pm - Webster, MA

Are you keeping your fluids down? Sounds like dehydration and or you really have the flu. We all know how important it is to keep on drinking and drinking. If all else fails and it is a dehydration issue, the doc might just give you a quick IV with fluids and nutrients. Ask for it.

Hugs,

Rita

gettingwhatIwant
on 12/7/12 11:40 pm - NY

On top of the above reasons-it can also be "low carb" flu. If you didn't go low carb before surgery-it possible you are going into ketosis and that has symptoms that were alot like the flu for me. I was actually pretty fine after surgery until this happened and then suddently I had to lie down alot. Luckily you get through this like you get through almost everything else post-op: sip and rest.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views