First Doc appointment after WLS, staples coming out!

Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:38 am, edited 12/10/12 1:39 am - Webster, MA

Hi OH sleevers,

so today is my first visit to a doctor, not my surgeon though to have my staples removed. Itching like crazy and hope when the staples are gone it will be better. A little worried though that one incision will pop open, doesn't look like it healed properly, which is right above my belly button. 

Anyway, just wanted to share. 

Hugs to all my dear friends on OH,

Rita

tara3103
on 12/10/12 3:21 am
VSG on 11/13/12

Congrats!!  Just an fyi...my incision above my belly button opened up 6 days after my staples were removed.  I have a pocket of old blood below my skin and it finally came though days later.  If it happenes...most likely they won't stich or staple back.  They actually cut mine a little more and I had to pack it with gauze for 3-4 days until it healed back on its own.  The biggest it was was slightly larger than a pencil eraser.  It was no big deal!  Hope that not the case for you though!  Good luck at doctor!

sheranfour
on 12/10/12 8:55 am

Hey Girlfriend!!!

How did you make out???!!! I'm sitting on pins and needles here....!!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:14 pm - Webster, MA

Hey soul sister,

doing good. Not feeling so great but the removal was no problem and it didn't hurt. Talk to you soon.

Love ya, 

Rita

120wannabe
on 12/10/12 9:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 12/04/12

Mine come out Weds. Can not wait. How many staples did you have? I have 36 staples.

Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:17 pm, edited 12/10/12 1:17 pm - Webster, MA

Not sure how many I had, maybe 20-25 or so. A nurse removed them while I had a conversation with the NP that I saw about my progress. Didn't feel a thing but maybe a little twitch on a couple of them. They placed steri strips over the incisions now and they have to stay for 5 days and then I can just take them off or shower them off. 

Good luck for Wednesday.

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 118 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 349 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 398 views