Trapped air and burping issues anyone? WARNING TMI!!

Rita M.
on 12/12/12 11:51 pm - Webster, MA

Hey all of you beautiful OH people,

I have had trapped air and burping issues after my sleeve. Now while I know this should get better in time, for me it is getting worse. I threw up yesterday like 4 times because of too much air in my stomach and I can't seem to drink or eat without swallowing too much air. At least that is how it feels to me. 

I bought GASX strips yesterday and it helped a little but I am getting concerned now because I haven't vomiteddevil since I had my surgery up until yesterday. 

Called my doctor's office today and I am waiting for a call back from the nurse.

Anyone have a similar experience where it got worse instead of better with trapped air? And if so what did you do about it?

Thanks all for your help and feedback my friends.

Hugs,

Rita

nieba
on 12/13/12 12:23 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

I had the worst burping issues for the 1st month. It was making it extremely difficult to eat or drink. Although I have never vomitted, I was getting to the point of wanting to. I found lying on my back in bed helped with the air. I also tried exhaling then sipping my water to see if it helped. It did for a little while.

Good luck. In the beginning this is common. Once you heal some more, it will loosen up a bit. Are you on any PPIs? (Prilosec)

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Rita M.
on 12/13/12 12:51 am - Webster, MA

Thanks for the feedback nieba. Yes I am on a PPI called Nexium. I had Omeprazole before surgery twice a day but it didn't help afterwards so they switched me to Nexium. 

I have tried to drink out of different containers and such to minimize the air intake but still it is not helping yet. 

Not sure what to do now. I will try the exhaling though. Sounds like a good idea. 

Hugs,

Rita

Yocie
on 12/13/12 2:05 am
VSG on 11/06/12

Unfortunately, I have had this too, and it does get better with time. Eating smaller bites and chewing more seemed to help me a bit, but all in all...just another thing that takes time.

Rita M.
on 12/13/12 2:33 am - Webster, MA

When did you have your surgery? How long did it take for your spasms and cramps and too much air to lessen? I guess I am just looking for some kind of time measurement.Thanks for the feedback.

Hugs,

Rita

Yocie
on 12/13/12 11:09 am
VSG on 11/06/12

I had my surgery on Nov. 6th. I've had my share of problems, and right now am dealing with acid reflux burn. I'm on Omeprazole and just started taking a 2nd daily dose with hopes it help.  I'm learning that there is no normal, we all have our own stuff going on.  It's hard to be patient, but I know things will continue to improve.

Jodysdreams
on 12/13/12 1:16 pm
Hi Rita!
Well, I got home from the hospital yesterday..I have tons of gas..and I have the runs like crazy!! (When I fart, it just comes squirting out).. oh My Gosh!, How gross is this?? I have no idea what is coming out..I haven't eaten at all in so long I can't remember when...but hiccups too!!, I am keeping liquids down better today than Yesterday..I'm sure each day will get easier..and one of my incisions feels like it has a blob of flesh hanging out of it..gross huh? I can't see it, just feel this lump under the tape..
Anyways..I think we're typical post op sleevers..we just have to stick it out!! I want a something so bad!! But a salad sounds so good!! Anything that has form..that must be chewed..I cannot wait!, but liquids are our friend right now...
Hope you feel better..I want to get this stage over with!! Is hard!!
BTW..does anyone know if the stomache staples dissolve? Or are they there forever?
Jody

Jody

bigred_z
on 12/13/12 1:43 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

I always belch!!  I sound like a drunken sailor leaving the bar!!  Gas x really doesn't help.  It was that way w the band too.  I guess I've just resigned myself to it. 

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views