Mental NSV

cmmdrwolf
on 12/13/12 7:55 pm - Harrison, TN
VSG on 10/04/12
Preop I loved me some chinese food and especially the buffets with hibachi and sushi. Before I had surgery I thought this would be the hardest thing to leave behind cause I was one of those that placed quanity over quality in getting my monies worth...sigh.
So yesterday I gave a friend of mine a ride and he took me ro you guessed it, a chinese buffet as a thank you. This is the first time I've been since surgery (spoiler alert possibly the last) instead of my preop mindset of load everything I can find I went and looked at what they had and what would benefit me most. Ended up with a couple things of chicken that wasn't buried in carb loaded sauce. About 2-3oz of solid protein and I was K.Oed, 3 plates later my friend was finished. It was agonizing to watch him eat so much, I knee that use to be me. I was thrilled that I could never do that again and my white whale had been slain. The place i thought would be the hardest to leave behind turned out to be a paper dragon. Food has lost its power on me, I know now I eat to live not eat just to eat.
beach_mama
on 12/13/12 9:23 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Good for you on your choices.  Isn't it strange how little we can eat and watch our family/friends consume sooo much food?  My belly aches thinking about it.

Good job

Christine Heusinger
on 12/13/12 9:59 pm - GA

that's a huge victory!!!  I applaud you!!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Lovin_Losing
on 12/13/12 10:01 pm

Way to go! angry Totally understand where you are coming from. I love me some Chinese and especially the buffet because you can try a little of so many different things. That will definitely be a food choice I may mourn. Nice to see someone overcome and succeed.

Spencerella
on 12/14/12 1:47 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Total victory and I think a very important one. Retraining my eyes has been one of the most difficult parts of the journey so far!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views