Does anyone else have days when they feel fatter than usual?

mimij
on 12/17/12 2:19 am, edited 12/17/12 2:20 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I don't know if this is all in my head or what, but today I feel so fat. I am drinking lots of water and staying on plan and it just seems that as I am drinking more water I feel like I am blowing up like a big fat balloon.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

nieba
on 12/17/12 2:22 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

Although I am losing, there are days when I feel bloated and that my stomach is sticking out. But then I look in the mirror or weight myself and they are the opposite. I think it is because your body is still going through the transformation that you will feel different than the day before until you go into maintenance. Then I believe everything stabilizes.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Tia M.
on 12/17/12 3:06 am - Killeen, TX

I know I do. Mostly because I'm a woman and there are days where we feel "fat." On those days, I don't even go to the scale to contradict me. I will just put in a little extra cardio that day and week to help combat that voice in my head. Basically giving that voice a middle finger.

Drinking water is good. Don't stop doing that. :) If you know you are doing what you are supposed to, focus on that. I could just be your body's way of adapting or adjusting... or rebelling.

After I had my surgery I was swollen and of course on the liquid diet. After the swelling went down, I hadn't lost almost any weight from surgery day. Then it was like the levy broke and a lot of the weight was gone.I think my body was having a hard time saying good bye. :/  I still have that happen, but its not as major. There will be a week where I won't drop anything and then the next week, a bunch is gone. I just roll with it now.

Spencerella
on 12/17/12 3:16 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I experience that too!  For me, it is most likely to happen when my mood is low, so I attribute it to part of the self punishing habits I've formed over the years, which have always led me to find comfort in food.  Getting better is definitely a process!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

mimij
on 12/17/12 3:31 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Thanks for pointing that out. When I did a self check, I realized my mood is low and has been low for a couple of days. You are right, getting healthy is a process.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 12:29 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

I am like Spencerella in that things going on definitely influence my self talk.  The GOOD thing is - I hear it better/differently than before and can be open to exploring what needs being taken care of, instead of just continuing to flog myself and fall into self destructive self soothing behaviors. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 12/17/12 4:09 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I feel the same way at times!  It is all in my head.  I automatically feel fat when I put on my 16 pants, but feel okay when I put on my 14s.  The numbers are a head struggle for me.  I don't want to buy more clothes, so I still wear the 16s every now and then.  Or if Aunt Flo is coming, I feel frumpy.

Jodysdreams
on 12/17/12 11:25 am
Hi Girls, Ya know, I was feeling the exact same way! Today is exactly one week since I had my surgery..and I was wondering how long it would take to stop feeling gassy,bloated..especially in the middle, and a little more normal. How long did it take you guys to get rid of the bloated belly after surgery? I'm wondering...thanks!

Jody

happyteacher
on 12/17/12 10:08 pm

Yes, for sure.  Last week, for example, I felt like I probably was going to weigh in 5 pounds over my goal.  I had not been eating great and just felt super fat.  I was shocked to weigh in a few pounds under goal, as I truly felt like I was over.  I put myself in weight loss mode for a few days and lost 7 pounds, am at my lowest point ever, and still am feeling a little fat.  I am suspecting it is a fluid issue, but need to monitor it.  I would go back and forth with this all during my weight loss phase.  Some days felt super thin (relatively speaking) and other days super fat.  Hang in there and keep yourself on plan!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views