gaining weight after year and a half

Bishoy
on 12/19/12 12:32 pm, edited 12/19/12 12:37 pm

I did my Sleeves Gastrectomy in Jan. 2010 almost two years I was about 400 pounds, I reached 310 within one year now i am 330. I feel depressed as i started to gain and do not know what will be my next step. I was thinking about going ahead for DS. Do not know. can anyone help.  

texasrigdiver
on 12/19/12 12:40 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Back to the basics, protein, vegetables, carbs and drink a lot of water and some kind of exercise. These are just starting points though if you're already doing them you probably need to speak with your support team, your surgeon and NUT at a min.

Are you on my fitness pal logging everything you eat?

If you had to guess at why you're gaining weight, what would you say the reason is?

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

happyteacher
on 12/19/12 1:39 pm

You are taking a great first step by recognizing that you have a problem.  You can do something about it still, the sleeve still works!  Ditto what the poster before me said, and add in exercise.  Even a 30 minute walk can do wonders.  Log everything, hit your protein targets, and keep your cals under 1200.  Rid your house of all junk and trigger food and fill it with healthy choices that work for your lifestyle.  Go to support meetings.  You have the power to make positive choices!  Early out it really helped me a lot to think about making just one good choice at a time, and not thinking long term about the weight loss.  Hang in there :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Mike B.
on 12/19/12 1:44 pm
I don"t think having another surgery will fix the issue. I'm not sure what all the issues are, but start back with the basics and start using the tool of the sleeve. I have heard time and time again, UNDER EAT YOUR SLEEVE. Try tracking what you are eating and be honest with yourself. You lost 90 pounds, so you were doing something right in the beginning, so go back to the beginning and start fresh. Are you going to a support group? If not, find one close by and GO. I am a year out and I still go to my support group for accountability. Also, stay on OH and keep us posted on your progress. It's important to talk to those who have been in your shoes, so I want to encourage you to continue asking questions and PLEASE take the advice given and ROCK your sleeve to it's max. You can do this.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/19/12 2:44 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
What is your goal weight? I agree with what previous posters said but I also think the DS is a great option as a next step IF you need to take that next step AND most importantly if you are ready to comply with the very stringent vitamin and mineral supplementation for life that comes with the DS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

AnnieinIA
on 12/19/12 6:36 pm
With all due respect to the kind people who have commented here, I think the poster who asked you what you think is the reason for the gain asked the right question.

I would suspect this is less about logging food and exercise and more about needing to work through some issues with a qualified professional. You have a great tool for your body, so you might want to find some tools for your head and emotions too. Please forgive me if this sounds too personal - but it's my thoughts.

Take care, Annie.
juddfan1974
on 12/19/12 9:19 pm - TN
VSG on 07/02/12

I agree that getting another surgery may not fix this issue.  Are there WLS support groups in your area if so are you attending those on a regular basis?  If not I think you need to do that as well as getting back to the basics as some of the others have suggested.  If you can't find a support group then ask your surgeon to recommend one or to concider sponsoring a support group for their patients.  My surgeons office offers free professionally lead support groups to all patients.  There are several a week.   

sleevegirl
on 12/19/12 9:53 pm - Austin, TX

The big question is definitely "why". If you need counseling, go get it. I'm a food addict. It's how I got to 375, I wasn't hungry for food at all, I ate for other reasons. I still do, it's a work in progress. My bet is this is more of a mental issue than physical at this point. Please go get help, in the meantime, log your food, stop eating junk, etc.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Bishoy
on 12/19/12 11:51 pm

I appreciate so much all the responses. I feel overwhelmed by people who seek the better of my health. My problem is that I do not drink water at all, my tongue taste changed, I try to replace it but still I am drinking under the limits. I can not walk as I have arthritis in both knees. In my background I did not learn to have the gym as a daily practice. I did not gym all my life. 

I am not into eating much, I keep the sense when I feel that is it I leave the plate.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/20/12 12:01 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Same here. I never drank water pre op. I think I was mildly dehydrated for years but I was never much of a drinker at all of any liquids. And guess what.. never went to the gym or did any kind of exercises either! It IS possible and even NECESSARY to change and to acquire new habits. Your health depends on it. You can do it!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views