Liquid Diet Funnies

thinnersinner
on 12/20/12 10:13 am

Don't get me wrong...this 2 week liquid diet is a real killer!  I figure if I can't laugh about it, then I'd probably cry (which is what I did a lot of on day 1).  I'm four days into this and I'll say it was really hard for about two days, but believe it or not, it got better on about day 2.5 - 3.  My husband is even doing this with me and god, I love him for it!  Day #1 I was anxious as all get out.  I cried, and cried, and tried to convince myself this was a mistake and somehow, miraculously, I could do this all by myself without surgery.  I had a full blown, snot bubbles, nasty breakdown.  Day #2 was much better.  My co-worker (who drinks Slimfast for lunch in support for me) and I started toasting to liquids and joked about how full we were.  Day #3 took me to the pharmacy for a little constipation relief.  Apparently what goes in as liquids doesn't always come out that way on the other side.  Who knew???  I hope I can continue to see the funny side of this crazy journey.  Who knows what it'll bring!

MuttLover
on 12/20/12 10:55 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I just have two words for you -- Miralax Kool-Aid!  Enjoy!  Just don't forget NOT to drink it all day when you are home, since it can have quite explosive results! LOL!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

thinnersinner
on 12/22/12 1:11 am

Yes, Miralax.  I'm doing that in the morning with my protein shake.  It's working...without any explosions yet!  LOL!

marydan
on 12/21/12 7:57 am - NY

I am on day 5 and all has been great - until today when constipation hit. I've never experienced it - ever. Probably my past espresso habit helped...lol. So, what did you get for the constipation? I may have to shop tomorrow.

thinnersinner
on 12/22/12 1:10 am

Sorry, I feel for ya!  It's horrible, but I've dealt with constipation issues off and on most of my life so I've tried it all.  I read somewhere on here about the glycerin suppositories.  If the train is at the depot and just not leaving, this works wonderfully.  Now, I'm maintaining with Metamucil at night and Miralax in my protein drink in the morning.  I think it's a balancing act of finding the right remedy.  Hope you've found some relief soon!

marydan
on 12/22/12 8:00 am - NY

My hubby got Clearalax - or something like that to take once a day. All better now - thank goodness.I hope you're stay in touch - I see your surgery date is not long after mine! I'm so ready to make this change!! I can't wait to get around without so much weight. When I look at people's before and after pics I'm amazed! A friend of mine did it almost 2 yrs ago and she's lot #80 - almost her final goal. I just can' wait!

Most Active