I hate my SCALE!!

Rita M.
on 12/28/12 1:01 am - Webster, MA

Hi all,

it's been a couple weeks since I posted last, but I need encouragement and feedback please.

I will be 1 month post-op tomorrow and my scale hasn't moved in like a week and a half. I saw my NUT a couple weeks back and she said I can go on pureed foods, which I did, but there have been days were I couldn't even eat and still the scale is not moving for me.

Yes, I know about the 3 week stall and that my body needs to catch up with new eating habit but how do you stay encouraged and positive when all this is happening. Just a little over 20 pounds lost and I guess that makes me a very slow loser?

Any idea what I can do to get back on the loser's bench?

Thanks for reading and your feedback my friends.

Hugs,

Rita

mnmommaof2
on 12/28/12 1:12 am
VSG on 11/23/12

Just keep on trucking along!  I know how frustrating that scale can be!   I'm just over a month out and have been stalling for the past week at 243.6.... then this morning I woke up and...... 241.0!  Stall broken.  It'll happen for you too- just keep walking, sipping, and eating what you can.   

Highest weight 279.8

Surgery weight 268 

Rita M.
on 12/28/12 1:56 am - Webster, MA

Thanks for the input and yes I will stick to plan and keep my spirits up somehow. 

Hugs,

Rita

mickeymantle
on 12/28/12 1:23 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your a light weight  and you lost 20 lb in 3 weeks , that is almost 1 lb a day that is great, many light weights only lose 1/2 lb a day

your doing great, give it a little more time and you will start losing again

Stop using the scale, get weighed only at the doctors office , or once a month or you will drive your self crazy , you might be a stepper that losses a bunch 1 week and then does not lose for a few weeks then repeats

stay on plan and the weight will come off, give yourself a gold star for how good your doing

Ps do not try to compare yourself to other peoples weight loss especially  heavy weights( they can lose 40 lb a month)

everyone loses at there own pace, but they will get there if they stick to the plan

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Rita M.
on 12/28/12 1:59 am - Webster, MA

Hi there,

lol, I never considered myself a light weight, but ok if you say so. If you looked at it that way, yes that is a lot if you think of it that way, 1 lb per day. I will try to be patient. Thanks for the feedback.

Hugs,

Rita

KnitsByMama
on 12/28/12 1:30 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

You consider 20lbs in a month a "very slow loser"??!? 

That's GREAT! I too get discouraged wishing the weight would come off faster, but look at what you've done. 20lbs in 1 month. You did great. Pat yourself on your back. As long as you follow your plan you will loose!! 

Rita M.
on 12/28/12 2:01 am - Webster, MA

Hi there,

thanks for the encouragement. I know some people lose faster and others slower and I try not to compare but sometimes it just sneaks up on me. I will give myself that pat and just move forward.

Hugs,

Rita

tanass
on 12/28/12 2:26 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

You're doing great. 

abeautifulday21
on 12/28/12 3:25 am
VSG on 11/26/12
I am 3 days ahead of you and I have just broken thru my stall. I just heeded the advice on he and followed my plan, tracked my food and just broke through this past Wed. I felt tired thrunthat time and just figured my body needed to hold on a bit. I also switched up what I was eating as I get into the habit of pureeing the same thing over and over. Maybe that helped too. Keep the faith! You are doing great!
abeautifulday21    
synthangel
on 12/28/12 3:34 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

I just didnt weigh myself for like 2 weeks when it happened to me. I went on vaca and left my scale at home which made it easier, but I was thinking of chucking it in the dumpster before I even came up with that plan.

But anyhow, measure yourself in inches and stop weighing for a while, stick to plan and dont sweat it. I know its hard to do, but really once you stop weighing yourself for a while it will be better. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views