3 week stall 1 week early????

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/3/13 1:40 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I have read numerous posts on the dreaded 3 week stall. Well I am 17 days out now and I have weighed the same for the last 6 days. I have added more and more excersise these past few days and it still hasn't helped. Its such a let down to not see the scale go down : ( Any suggestions? I know I have to stay off the scale but its so addicting.

Elbie
on 1/3/13 1:42 am

I hit mine about a week plus out. I don't think there is much we can do other than ride the wave. Eventually it will break and the pounds will go crashing away. Stay strong!

Jeannette M.
on 1/3/13 1:45 am - CA
VSG on 10/22/12

It sucks doesn't it.  Everyone will tell you to put the scale away, and not weigh everyday.  (As if)  But your weight WILL continue to drop.  Look at what you are eating and ask yourself if it is humanly possible NOT to lose weight with only that miniscule amount of food.  It isn't.  Your body is taking a minute to readjust, and all you can really do is wait it out, and Keep up your water and protein intake.  It'll pass.

I stalled at 3 weeks for 10+ days and again at 8 weeks for 6 days, but I'm still averaging about .75 lbs a day, and that ain't too shabby :)

2003 HW 522lbs - SW (JIB) 511lbs - LW 370lbs   2012 HW 377lbs - SW (VSG) 364lbs - CW 200

moonglo82
on 1/3/13 1:46 am
VSG on 03/29/12

My stall started about a week early also.  As long as you're on plan, just stay the course.  The stall will break, I promise.  Mine lasted about two weeks, but then once it finally broke I shot down several pounds over the course of just a few days before things leveled out again.  Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids in, and just know that this too shall pass.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Keith L.
on 1/3/13 1:59 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Two things! #1 Drink more water, you may be retaining water and you need to flush. #2 Don't let it get to you. It will pass.

Make sure as you add additional exercise that you are getting additional water too. Any water you consume because of exercise should not count toward your Minimum 64 oz per day.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/13 2:04 am

All is as it should be, proceed with your program, no change is necessary, this is a normal part of the ride.  The weight loss will resume shortly. 

Gymnopedie
on 1/3/13 3:13 am

I have no idea if I had a 3 week stall at all. 

My surgeon made me promise to only weigh once per month, so I have weighed in today (my 1 month surgiversary).  I've been trying to consume some protein every 2 hours and hit my protein goals... so far so good.

Kitydon
on 1/3/13 6:36 am
VSG on 11/28/12

Thanks for asking this question because I'm 5 weeks out and going through the same thing. I lost 31lbs then ....nothing. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views