Stress and Pre-OP

AppyGrl
on 1/14/13 7:38 am
VSG on 01/23/13

What the rest of this boils down to is... Did anyone else feel like stress at work prior to surgery got worse and more intense than it usually does?

I am a teacher and with the full support of my school administration I am having this surgery and taking the time off in the middle of the school year. I know it is not a case of what are they going to do without me because I know that in the scheme of things I am replaceable. It is knowing that I am only irreplaceable to my family and friends that I am having this surgery. 

I am not sure if I am looking for sympathy or curious if this has happened to anyone else... am I in this boat of stress alone?

Surgery is in 9 days, endoscopy tomorrow morning at 7am, and pre-op on Wednesday at 2:15.

Thanks in advance for all of your support and ideas...

VSGFoodie
on 1/14/13 8:04 am
VSG on 01/16/13

A lot of our stress is self-imposed. My surgery is in two days. I just left work early and told my boss I wouldn't be in tomorrow. My head just isn't there. 

(He had an RNY a couple of years back, and is super-supportive).

Do what you can...but do for yourself first. Jobs come and go...but your health is really all you have.

Wishing you lots of luck! :)

AppyGrl
on 1/14/13 8:07 am
VSG on 01/23/13

You are exactly right... Thank you for your support and wisdom. 

sassyne
on 1/14/13 11:46 am - Antioch, TN

My surgery is tmrw morning. I took off today, I couldn't work today on clear liquids.

thinnersinner
on 1/14/13 10:41 am

Hi AppyGrl,

I teach high school and am two weeks post-op.  Yes, the stress got worse prior to surgery because I had to prepare lesson plans, IEPs, copies, etc.  Most of my stress was pretty simple vs. how I feel now.  My heart and head want to be back at school, but my body is just not ready yet. 

The advise that I can offer is to stay in contact on this website where you have people who truly understand what you are going through.  Talking about it helps me.

AppyGrl
on 1/14/13 11:09 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Good to know! The IEP's and Lesson plans are crazy... Logically I know I will survive emotionally the days are creeping by...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views