Lactose intolerance cause a stall????

deew1234
on 1/17/13 10:36 pm - Stratford, Canada
Hey all!!!

I had my VSG back in March 2012 things were going really well until shortly before Christmas I started getting bad stomach cramps and my weight loss came to a halt!! Here I am almost a month later and cramps happen pretty much all day everyday and my weight is still the same as it was last month!! I have been doing research and my symptoms match the lactose intolerance exactly!! I see my family doctor in a few weeks and go back to the clinic in March to see the nurse and dietitian!! In the meantime I am going to experiment with taking away milk products and bringing back one at a time see how it goes!! My question is if I am now lactose intolerant could it be causing my stall and if so how can I get my weight loss moving again?? Thank you in advance!!

slimpickins5280
on 1/17/13 11:04 pm - CO

It's good that you are going to see a Dr.

I might try to see one sooner because you've been dealing with pain for a long time.

Good luck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Hislady
on 1/18/13 5:23 am - Vancouver, WA

Or you could try some lactaid chews to see if they help. They give you the enzyme that helps digest lactose. I can't eat dairy without them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views