Pre-Op Diet... making sense???

AppyGrl
on 1/21/13 12:50 am
VSG on 01/23/13

As much as I HATE this pre-op diet I have worked very hard to stay on it. and with only 2 days to go I have cheated. I have really wanted pizza the last few days and today I convinced myself that I had 4lbs more than the doc had wanted me to loose and so I had some toppings. All within reason. I ate 3 pepperoni's and a table spoon of shredded Parmesan. I know it doesn't sound like much and in the course of what I would usually eat (an entire pizza) it was great. 

Well now I regret it! I don't regret the way it tasted and the fact that I gave in to an urge. I regret it because my face feels greasy and it just didn't taste the same as it would have 2 weeks ago. I can't believe I have changed this much and I haven't even had the surgery. It makes me excited to see a glimpse into what will be my life and my determined success. 

So to wrap it all up... this pre-op diet is starting to make sense to me. 

hollykim
on 1/21/13 12:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Awesome and believe me, the longer you resist eating off plan,not just pre op but post op as well,the less you will have cravings. Walking proof here.

GL

Jen68
on 1/21/13 12:59 am

You go, Girl!  Don't sweat those toppings.  You are doing great and you learned something from the experience.   :)

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 1/21/13 1:10 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

I have had pizza toppings when my family was ordering pizza.  It was good...not as good as I used to feel about it.  At the end of the day its just a bit of cheese and some meat...not the best quality of protein but in a pinch and if it gets you over the craving I think its worth it! :)

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

hollykim
on 1/21/13 3:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM Pacific Time, SleeplessinAbitibi wrote:

I have had pizza toppings when my family was ordering pizza.  It was good...not as good as I used to feel about it.  At the end of the day its just a bit of cheese and some meat...not the best quality of protein but in a pinch and if it gets you over the craving I think its worth it! :)

except that she is on her preop diet...

Keith L.
on 1/21/13 2:30 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Remember the point of the pre-op diet is more to shrink the liver than to lose weight. The weight loss is a bonus but eating fatty/greasy foods is a big no no. Just stay strong, it is worth it in the long rung. Sticking to the pre-op diet also loads you up with protein which will speed healing. Stay the course and you will make your destination.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views