Officially sleeved!!

Lindsey72386
on 1/31/13 5:37 am - IN
Well I was sleeved on Tuesday morning.....it's been a bad but good experience so far. The pain I had in my chest right after surgery is one thing I'd never wish upon anyone not even my worst enemy. They finally got the pain under control and got me to my room and I was pretty much in and out of it. Well around 11 that night I started getting sick it was from the pain medicine and they wouldn't give me anything else so that meant from about 11-6 I was dry heaving and had NO pain medicine in me!!! At 6 they finally brought me some Tylenol! At 6am I got a new nurse who was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond to get me a different kind of pain med. My doctor finally came in to see me and when I told how I was up all night dry heaving he was pissed that nurse didn't do something for me bc I could ripped open my stomach and had a leak! But the good news is he was extremely happy that my vitals came back great and that I had been gettin up and walking! I finally got to come home this morning which I was thankful for! I'm just havin a hard time gettin my liquids in but I know a lot of ppl have the same problem! I'm also nauseas. Well it's time for me to get up and walk but I figured I'd check in and let you guys know how it went and now I'm on the losers bench!!

labor-rn
on 1/31/13 7:01 am

Congratulations on your surgery. I am just starting on my gastric sleeve journey with my first appointment with my surgeon today. I am looking forward to hearing from you and others like you about your recovery and weight loss journey. Good luck and God Bless that all goes well!

hunterbug
on 1/31/13 7:18 am

Congratulations!!! Glad you are starting to feel better! I too am waiting to get sleeved... I am 3 1/2 months into my 6 mo requirements and just got the call today that my sleep study is positive!!! So my chances are alot higher for getting approved now . I am so excited and am so glad to read all of the experiences of so many so it will help me in what to expect when it is my turn!

Keep us posted :)

Christy

SophieNJ
on 1/31/13 8:05 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

so glad you are feeling better....it's a shame the 1st nurse didn't do anything for you..if they send you a survey, be honest about that when you fill it out.

I'm still pre op, but want to wish you all the best, and I'll see you on the losers bench soon!

Sophie

pineview01
on 1/31/13 8:16 am - Davison, MI

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you.  My roomie last Tuesday had a the same experience with pain med and nauseous and they got her another pain med in the IV asap.  The Morphine was making me nauseous too,  I just stopped using the pain medication altogether and the nausea stopped.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/13 8:33 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

Congrats and I am sry for you pain that you had. I hope I don't experience that.  That's to bad the first nurse didn't do anything to help you. I am going to nursing school and I have seen nurses like that and to me it's terrible how they treat people because it's our job to take care of the patient and make sure they are comfortable. Good luck to your days ahead. 

AppyGrl
on 1/31/13 10:00 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Congrats and Keep pushing through. There are several pain meds and anti-neausea meds that they can give you through the IV. I hope you don't have that bad nurse again. Get those liquids in and you will be fine by the end of the weekend.

jenlaur1
on 1/31/13 10:57 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

glad to hear you're home and doing much better.  you don't need to deal with hospital employees who clearly aren't suited to be a nurse or whatever.  Who knows why she wasn't very helpful and caring to you...if you have her name, give it to your surgeon or complain to the Director of Nursing at the hospital you stayed at.  I bet you can even send an email.  They should know about this persons lack of attention to your needs, especially after a surgery like you had that could have led to a very dangerous situation.  This could happen to someone else and it could very well lead to their getting very ill.  Anyway..I hope each and every day only gets noticeably better for you.  Looking forward to hearing your success along the way. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

AmyB1012
on 1/31/13 3:12 pm

congrats on your journey!! Hope you start feeling better really soon!

chubby_cinderella
on 1/31/13 5:48 pm
VSG on 01/28/13
I was sleeved Monday and had similiar issues. I was not prepared for the pain coming out of surgery. Sounds crazy but it was much worse than childbirth for me. They gave me 4 different nausea meds at the hospital and perscriptions. Thankfully I haven't needed them since I've came home. It is very hard to get liquids in! Gas pains start with every sip! It is getting easier since day 3 which was yesterday for me. I think it can only get better from here! Good luck on your journey and I'll see ya on the losers bench!

bibbitybobbityboo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views