I lost weight! On my head..

Micmac2
on 2/9/13 12:18 pm

I was in a stall for 5 weeks! I am just past 3 months out.  I was hauling for awhile and then screeeeeeeeeeeeech!!

I eleminated sweeteners, those oh so tiny bits of alcohol, and upped the chicken and greens. Sigh, it worked.

However,  as many clumps are falling out of my hair, I think I lost it off the top of my head lol.

Bald but not stalled!

Dousing all my veggies and cottage cheese with Unjury unflavored protein.  But I need more ideas. I have seen some of you post about the coffee trick but I just hate that re-heated taste.  Any ideas other then more chicken? LOL

That special k protein water isn't worth all those calories. After surgery I was a trooper at adding unjury to my crystal light but it gags me now (mixed)  I know that hair loss is normal, but now that I'm losing again I want to keep that protein going. 

Any suggestions?

Keith L.
on 2/9/13 12:48 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Unfortunately I do not think there is much you can do about it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

shrinking_sarah
on 2/9/13 2:32 pm - CA
The hair loss isn't just about protein. It's a response to the trauma of surgery & hormonal changes. Sucks, but it will grow back.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

SuzyNZ
on 2/9/13 3:05 pm, edited 2/9/13 11:04 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Protein isn't going to help Im afraid. It is what it is (its Telogen Effluvium) and you just have to ride it out until it stops. Taking Biotin with help with the new regrowth, but won't stop the dead hair falling out.

Every time I vacuum my bedroom, I have to perform surgery on Mr Dyson to cut all my hair he has just sucked up off his rollers. It's ridiculous!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

pineview01
on 2/10/13 6:58 am - Davison, MI

Our Nut insist that if you get enough protein your hair won't fall out. She is nuts.  When I got the band came out I lost hair and I was finally on a high protein diet.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views