8 days out and so far so good.

Robber
on 2/19/13 11:15 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 02/12/13

So good that sometimes I wonder if the surgeon actually took the stomach out. No nausea at all. Haven't really felt any restriction, mostly just gurgling, but I'm sure the restriction will come along once I start eating real foods.  I've never really felt like I needed to eat though so I've just been focusing on getting 60+ grams of protein. (Haven't had any problems getting the liquids in.) Getting pretty tired of protein shakes though, looking forward to being able to eat cottage cheese instead.  (There's a phrase I never thought I'd say.) Pain has mostly been similar to a sprained stomach muscle and I barely even notice it at this point. My first steristrip over my incisions peeled off this morning and during the day I've stopped wearing the elastic chest binding they gave me to wear.

The 3 week stall may be ahead of schedule though. Lost 19 pounds in the first 6 days then I've been stuck at the same number for the past 3 days. (Yeah, the perils of unwise daily scale checkery.) Just have to keep working it and I know it will get started again.

HW: 560 First Surgeon's Consult: 540 Weight at Surgery: 495

MomofMarch
on 2/19/13 11:30 pm - GA

Sounds like you are doing GREAT! Those stalls are the devil. Just hang in there and keep doing what you're supposed to do. :) Welcome to the bench!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Keith L.
on 2/19/13 11:38 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I wouldn't spend a lot of time looking at the scale (or at least worrying about what it says), the real scale game starts once you get to full food. Its a good idea to track it but don't sweat it if it doesn't move right now. You are healing so your body will be all over the place in terms of fat burn right now. Just focus on water and protein and walk as much as you can.

You won't really feel restriction until then either. You may feel a little fullness but once you take your first couple of bites of meat you will know what restriction really feels like and the first time (and trust me this will happen) you take one bite too many, you will really know what restriction feels like.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

momsy55
on 2/19/13 11:38 pm - ME

Sounds like you're off to an awesome start!  Good for you!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MuttLover
on 2/19/13 11:44 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Great Start!  Keep up the good work (and my sympathies that you are actually looking forward to cottage cheese!  LOL!  I'm three months out and have still not found a need for cottage cheese!).

Greek Yogurt - Fage 0% with a little vanilla, and/or protein powder was my go to!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

IHeartMexico
on 2/19/13 11:57 pm
VSG on 01/21/13
You sound like you are doing great !

Just focus on getting all your protein in and water for now . I'm just over 4 weeks out and I'm still doing full liquids with some yogurt and cottage cheese but very little . Your new tummy needs to heal you are well on your way !

Congrats again !

Christine

AdeanaMarie
on 2/20/13 12:15 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

So happy things are going well for you.  Restriction will come when you move to solid foods.  No worries there.  :O)

Fluids and protein are your main goal during this time frame, just stay hydrated.

Enjoy the blessings!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

justpete
on 2/20/13 9:23 am
VSG on 04/02/13

glad to hear you are doing well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views