1 day post op and.....

thisbe777
on 2/26/13 10:40 am

prevacid comes in a "solutab" dissolvable tablet....   you might be able to use that until you can swallow pills  better...  it worked pretty good for me..

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

thisbe777
on 2/26/13 10:44 am

zegerid also comes in chewable form...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/13 12:27 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

I tried all sorts of things with my prilosec and in the end the only thing that really worked was to open the capsule up in my mouth and take a sip of water.  The beads aren't bitter tasting, I actually had more problems taking my Urisdol. 

deemyers
on 2/26/13 12:43 pm
VSG on 02/05/13

Welcome to the losers bench! The first week is the hardest in regards to dealing with food, it gets easier! 

HilaryH8103
on 2/26/13 2:11 pm - WA
Thanks everyone!! I was only able to get about 50ozs of liquids today & that includes 2 water bottles, 2 popcicles, 2 cups of chicken broth- 4ozs in each mug, a little Crystal light & a few small sips of Gatorade. I love Gatorade and I used to chug them on down but I can't now so I'm trying to stay away from it altogether. I've been able to burp very small burps after drinking, I feel like my body wants to let out one big belch but I can't.

My doctor didn't give me a spirometer for one reason or another. I've been taking big deep breaths and coughing here & there. No huge coughs because those do hurt my tummy. The incision right above my belly button is about 2 1/2 inches long, it's the one that hurts the most. I've never felt so bloated in my life. The walking is really helping with it though.

Thanks again for all of your support, stories & kind wishes,
XOXO,
Hilary
LolaB
on 2/26/13 7:27 pm - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

That is fantastic that you're taking in 50oz of fluid already, it took me over a week post op to do that! It sounds like you are doing great. I strongly believe that a positive attitude and outlook is the most important factor in recovery and healing. You're going to do great. 

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views