Diet before the sleeve??

Nancy1221
on 2/25/13 1:13 pm

Can anybody tell me if you have to get on a diet before you actually have the procedure done

LNC62
on 2/25/13 1:27 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

It depends on your surgeon and/or your insurance.  Alsoyour you are super heavy, some surgeons will require you to lose some weight that they would not otherwise require.  It is advisable to lose weight before surgery to shrink your liver which makes the surgery go smoother.  Otherwise, you will have a fatty liver.   I was not required to do any diet before surgery, other than 2 days pre-op of a liquid diet.  But it was recommended that I lose some weight before hand. 

Bella_Fein
on 2/25/13 1:42 pm, edited 2/25/13 1:42 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

This varies greatly from one doctor to another and depending on individual situations sometimes. I only had to do a 1 week liquid diet, but 2 of my friends with the same doctor had to do 2 weeks.

Some doctors make it longer some don't require one at all.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nancy1221
on 2/25/13 2:07 pm

Thanks so much for your quick responses. This site helps me so much! I know that having all this support will make it all worth it i can't wait to get sleeved I'm still in the beginning stages I have my seminar march 6th then I guess from there my dr schedules me in with the surgeon !

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 169 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 469 views