1 month progress and a treat!

SeaGirl
on 3/2/13 4:14 pm
VSG on 02/01/13

I was one month post-op yesterday and had a follow-up appt with my surgeon.  I have lost 30 pounds so far - 12 pounds in the 4 weeks pre-op and 18 in the 4 weeks since surgery.  It's hard for me to judge my progress - the ranges of weight loss I see here on OH seem higher than mine - but my surgeon seemed pleased and I decided I am pleased too.  I have lost 27% of my excess weight already, and he pointed out that if he'd met me now I'd be ineligible for this surgery because my BMI is too low (35 now), so that was cool.  He also gave me good advice to live my life, not obsess on calories, etc -- that if I am eating my protein, drinking my fluids and exercising, I am going to do well.  It was a good reminder that this sleeve is a tool, it's not my life.  Also, for those *****ad my earlier post on "emergency lunch advice," we discussed some good fish/food strategies so I can eat healthy while out with clients and still on purees, which was a relief since I still have four more weeks of purees to go.

And the treat...Before I had surgery I decided that I would do something NOT food (or wine) related to treat myself every month that I lose 10 pounds or more.  So today I treated myself to an amazing Shiseido face cream I have been wanting to try!  So now I am a little thinner AND my skin is glowing! 

Thanks to all of you who are teaching me so much by both your questions and your answers on this message board.  I am learning so much from you all and am so grateful - for this awesome tool I have in the sleeve, and for all of you!

Julie J.
on 3/2/13 4:21 pm - NV

Congrats on your weight loss. You are awesome. And double congrats on doing something nice for yourself:)

Rubielee
on 3/3/13 2:29 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

You're doing really fantastic!angry

Most Active