How will I look??

msmetha
on 3/3/13 11:10 am - MO
I have been heavy all my life and I am scared of how I will look after the weight comes off..I can't even imagine it..I knw alot of people have a reference point like their weight in high school or their wright before kids..I have literally been big since I was 11 yrs old
mcraedublin
on 3/3/13 11:14 am - GA

I am scared of the same thing!!! I have been heavy since the fourth grade.  Will we look funny?

MacMadame
on 3/3/13 11:20 am - Northern, CA

This might help:

http://www.modelmydiet.com

Though I will warn you... I found the "fat" version of me to not be fat enough (and my family agreed) and I thought the thin version wasn't thin enough (and they agreed on that too). But it will certainly get you in the ballpark.

I will tell you though that even though I now weigh about what I weighed in college that I don't really look anything like I looked in college. I've had two kids and I have all this loose skin and also I have am in better shape now. So everything's in a different place and some parts are better and some are worse.

Plus I look in the mirror and I see my mother and THAT is freaky! mail

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

BayouMama
on 3/3/13 11:36 am
pretty neat
AprilFresh4U
on 3/3/13 12:54 pm - OH
RNY on 03/25/13

That was fun to try. Thanks for sharing. I agree the bigger sizes don't look big enough. I tried to fool the machine and added an extra 200 lbs just to see if it looked bigger but it looked the same as my current weight lol. I guess when you get past a certain weight they make it all look the same lol.

Bella_Fein
on 3/3/13 11:42 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Is there anyone in your family that you resemble that is skinny? Look at your immediate family. If you have any skinny family, that will give you the best guess.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

hollirrose
on 3/3/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I did not have a refrence point either. I have been big since childhood. The smallest, in high school, was a 16. I went from a 24 to a 4/6. I think the most recent photos in my profile I was a 10. If you are apple shape you could take a peak. I am 5'7 and height makes a big diff as well. There is a fantastic website ..not sure of the name exactly... Google body image galery. It shows you real life people, at your height, and body shape at certain weights. When I was losing I thought of all the skiny folks I knew and most of the time they were hour glass shaped. I was kind of disapointed when I reached their size and didnt look like them. I was ind of shocked, which seems silly now. Turns out ..an apple..is still an apple at my size ..just smaller. . Best of luck and love your body!
LNC62
on 3/3/13 12:20 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

The last time a lost a lot of weight and got down to a normal, I didn't notice the changes because it comes gradual.  It's not like you'll wake up one day and look like your future self.  However, since I got down to a weight that I was at about age 10, my mom didn't recognize me.  I kept away from her for the year I was losing.  Her comment was, that she knew I lost weight but had no idea what I would look like.  To me, I still felt like I looked the same, just a bit slimmer.  That was my experience, anyway.

themexcellentone
on 3/3/13 12:38 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I'm scared of this too.  Not sure how to handle it because I've been big my entire life.  Guess this is something to discuss with my psych guy!

SuzyNZ
on 3/3/13 1:29 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I'm the same. Fat from the time I was a kid. I'm very much an hourglass shape though and always was,....just a darn fat hourglass, now a much slimmer one. I am in completely unchartered territory now as I literally don't ever remember being this size. It would have been in my very early teens.

Not sure what your start weight was, but I was 370lbs, now 239lbs (I am tall though at 6'1). My current B&A is on my profile.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views