Awesome moment

Chris A.
on 3/15/13 6:23 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

Let me start by saying for the last 28 years (I am 48), I have intermittently gone to the gym. Sometimes for months in a row, sometimes only for a few weeks. I was often in awe of those people who had the stamina to work relentlessly on the ellipticals or treadmills and who lifted regularly and gained good definition. I could work out well, but never quite figured out the eating part to triumph over my weight issues before surgery.

I am the manager for support staff for a Probation Department in CA. Our office is in the same building with our Sheriff. As a result, I have access to a small gym in our building used mostly by the officers. I've been going in there on my lunch hour and am really enjoying getting in 30 or 45 minutes worth of a workout, usually with no one in there.

Today I go in and there is an officer working out on one of the two ellipticals. We say hello and both get lost in our iPod music. I'm about ten minutes into my routine when it strikes me, I'm going at a great pace at a moderate resistance level and I'm keeping up with the pace this buff officer is keeping on the machine next to me! Totally made my day and my workout.

So for anyone out there struggling to get your exercise in, keep at it! Over time you can and will build your stamina and strength. I hope you all have a great weekend.

claimmaster
on 3/15/13 10:51 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

That must have felt great!  I can't keep us with anyone doing anything right now.  I look forward to that day.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

thinnersinner
on 3/15/13 10:53 am

I agree and what a great moment for you!  It's a long journey to get there.  I'm just walking right now, but can't wait to rejoin the gym and take an aerobics class.

christib1975
on 3/15/13 11:04 pm - KS
VSG on 03/04/13

Excellent moment indeed!!! 

Can't wait until I get cleared for exercise...

HW: 324  CW: 201.4

Chris A.
on 3/16/13 2:03 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

Though I am only 4 months out, I still remember how hard it was to drink my protein drink over 3 hours (only an ounce every 15 minutes) and how I could barely make a 1/2 mile walk a week out. One sip at a time. One step at a time and you'll get to where you've dreamed of.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views