thoughts? on water enhancers and decreased weight loss or stalls

christib1975
on 4/3/13 1:03 am - KS
VSG on 03/04/13
Just looking at my patterns with weight loss and trying to figure out what I can do to hopefully bust my stall and wondered what your thoughts are on water consumption and use of water enhancers such as mio and crystal light? Do you think they hinder our process? Or do you think water is water?

HW: 324  CW: 201.4

Christa :]
on 4/3/13 1:14 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

I just want to say I have fallen in love with Mio Blueberry Lemonade!!! 

vogue
on 4/3/13 1:22 am
VSG on 08/30/12

when I do not drink my water ( and protein)  goals, I do not lose weight...   when I do, the weight falls off like magic...

I do not like water enhancers, but I was never a soda addict....  they seem to make the water too sweet for my tastes...I like plain water, no lemon, no enhancer...    its just a matter of preference...

I do think the enhancers fuel sugar cravings but I have no real science behind it....

band2sleeverevision
on 4/3/13 1:50 am
VSG on 02/25/13

I would cut down on them and see what happens for 2 weeks.  I noticed myself that if I consume a lot of artificial sweeteners that my weight tends to stall more. Some people are sensitive to it, some are not. I can handle one crystal light tube in 20 ounces a day seems to do just fine.  More than 3 and I notice an effect.

Here's what i would do:

1) Measure yourself.  If you're losing inches, don't worry about the weight.  Bodies losing fat tend to compact.

2) If you've been doing the same exercise program over 8 weeks, switch it up and do something else.

3) Move your water up a bit.  If at 60, go to 80, if 80, go to 90, etc.

mary d
on 4/3/13 1:57 am

I try to use any artificial sweeteners very very very sparingly.  You should drink a lot of water and that is a lot of artificial sweetener if you use crystal light.  Maybe just use the water enhancers after a meal when you might be craving a more refreshing taste in your mouth.  You can also use citrus peels to perk up water without the additives of enhancers.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

AdeanaMarie
on 4/3/13 2:30 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I try and avoid fake sugars as much as possible.  Crystal light does one called pure that is made with Stevia, which is on the better end.  I love making ice tea with flavored herbal teas, such as blueberry, peach or raspberry.  They are caffeine free as well and I think fun to drink in a cute water bottle with tons of ice.  :O)

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

vogue
on 4/3/13 2:55 am
VSG on 08/30/12
On April 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM Pacific Time, AdeanaMarie wrote:

I try and avoid fake sugars as much as possible.  Crystal light does one called pure that is made with Stevia, which is on the better end.  I love making ice tea with flavored herbal teas, such as blueberry, peach or raspberry.  They are caffeine free as well and I think fun to drink in a cute water bottle with tons of ice.  :O)

I cant find it anymore...I think they stopped making it... and my stash is VERY low, Im on my last box...

AdeanaMarie
on 4/3/13 3:03 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Bummer on the Crystal Light Pure.  I have a bit left, but not a ton.  The lemonade was my favorite.  Oh well.  Time to make more tea.  :O)

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Julie L.
on 4/3/13 2:50 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

I use MiO,  because I figure drinking water with MiO is better than not getting my water in at all.   The only time I drink plain water is on the treadmill or at the gym.

lillypie9
on 4/3/13 4:11 am
VSG on 11/02/12

I personally love the taste of Blueberry Lemonade Mio...but artificial sweeteners are not my friend because they set up sugar cravings. I was using it only to flavor the water I mixed with Miralax every other day, but it kept tripping me up. So now I've taken to brewing up flavored herb tea to mix with the Miralax. It's not sweet, of course, but it helps the Miralax go down.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views