Not getting enough

msmetha
on 4/4/13 7:19 am - MO
I have not been getting my liquids in or my protein..I don't know how many calories I'm supposed to have but I'm not even getting in 500..I feel the weight loss in my clothes and people say they see it..I'm scared to get on the scale though
hollykim
on 4/4/13 8:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Well,why aren't you eating and drinking and why aren't you tracking so you KNOW what you are or are not getting? How far out are you?

HilaryH8103
on 4/4/13 8:58 am - WA
I can tell you that you're not going to get many nice replies because of your very first sentence in your post. So be prepared.

There is no reason why you shouldn't know how much liquid & how much protein you're getting daily. Those are 2 very important things that you need to know after WLS.

To be honest your post baffles me..

Did you do any research at all?
msmetha
on 4/4/13 10:20 am - MO
I know the replies aren't gonna be nice..I drink about 30-45 oz of fluids a day but the protein drinks make me sick..I drank them for about a week after surgery but then I stopped..I try to track my food but I barely eat more than 2 bites of anything so I don't knw how many calories to track
dianne220
on 4/4/13 12:53 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

I understand the protein drinks can make you sick but they are not an option.  They are your medicine.  Protein and water are a requirement.  Each day for the past 6 months I have tracked my protein and water first and foremost and then calories/carbs/sugar.  I am not perfect by far but all of the research and pre planning have taught us that protein is key.  You just have to keep looking for something you like.  A lot of people like the RTD kinds.  I personally like to blend half of a banana with 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein with 1 TBSP of PB2.  It is really great but it took me months of experimenting.  I also like the tropicana 50 mixed with vanilla protien.  You can do chocolate protein with instant decaf.  There are so many options but you have to find what works for you.  You can do this!!!!  You don't want to end up in the hospital like I did my first month dehydrated.  I am just at 6 months out and have reached my goal.  Now I now I can strive to beat that goal and be even healthier.  You'll get there too.  Have faith in yourself that you can do this and just take it one day at a time. 

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

joann P.
on 4/4/13 9:48 am

Liquids and protein are so important.  You need to start immediately to work and I mean work on getting those in.  It is not easy but you can do this so get started right now or you will get sick.  Also, contact your surgeon to get some advice.

joann P.
on 4/5/13 7:30 am

Hi,  I agree that the powdered shakes are chalky but I try to put one scoop in my coffee every day.  I have not tried the Premier yet but I will.  I don't have trouble with liquids it is mostly real food that is difficult.  

Thanks for the advice!

joann P.
on 4/5/13 8:03 am

Actually I am sorry to say that it is still chalky but the coffee flavor covers it up a bit and also, I always have coffee in the morning so it is a way to stay on target with protein.  We don't have costcos here but I will look around for Premier brand.  I have been getting the Pure Protein drinks which are very low in calories and carbs and high in protein.  They are not as creamy and delicious as some of the others though but they do give you the protein.

joann P.
on 4/5/13 8:28 am

We will check Sam's out!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views