Hey! Anyone from the Kansas City area want to join me?!?!?

Christina_G
on 4/5/13 6:42 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Hello All!

I have decided to do a few 5K's and there is one in particular that would be so much more fun with a group of people. It is called the Foam Run...It looks like it would be a blast (and hard work). This one will be on October 5th, 2013, here is the link if you would like to get all the info...

http://5kfoamfest.com/locations/KansasCity.php.

As I was looking at all the 5K's in my area I was thinking that it would be nice to form a team to do it with, and what better team than a bunch of VSGers (PreOp and/or PostOp) reaching toward the same goals. I really don't want to do this one alone and could really use the kind of support that we all give each other here.

Please consider it! If you would like to it with me you can contact me through OH or just reply to this and we will get started on the details and exchange contact info. What better way to support each other and to meet fellow OHers?!?!
Thank you!

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

Finding Neesey
on 4/5/13 7:20 am
Oh man! I wish we lived closer. I would so do this with you! I am getting ready to start the couch to 5k program. Just downloadedit for my phone the other day. I startex the program about 2 years ago and made it past week 3, then got a stress ffracture in my foot, and was in a walking boot for 6 weeks. But I was a lot heavier then too.
hollirrose
on 4/5/13 10:23 am
VSG on 04/21/12
I tried running.. I live in Overland Park and my street is full of runners. They look like they are in the zen zone and look pretty fantastic doing it. I gave running a try and turns out ... This gal ain't a runner. I hope you get a group together. It is nice to see someone on here from my neck of the woods!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views