3 days post op

ababenoit
on 4/10/13 12:45 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
Ok... So I had surgery on monday... I am in so much pain. I know a lot of it is gas pains... But I can barely walk to go to the bathroom or get out of bed myself... I have to hold on tight to my stomach but it hurts so much. When I take my pain meds I'm fine for a bit.. But not for long.. I'm just worried something is wrong.. Is this normal??
mickeymantle
on 4/10/13 12:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it helps to hold a pillow to your stomach when you walk or move around or cough

If you are home and in a lot of pain or have a fever call your surgeon to make shore everything is ok

they rather you check with them for nothing than wait and let a problem get worse

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Deckeriv
on 4/10/13 1:05 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but walking helps more with the pain than anything. I know it hurts to get out of the chair and it hurts to stand up straight, but once you get walking it feels better. It will help with the gas but will also help getting your mind off the pain. I was in the hospital 24 hours and I bet I walked 12 hours of the time. I continued when I got home. I didn't do anything while walking, just made laps around my apartment and then around the apartment complex. Walk, walk, walk. Getting up and down is going to hurt but it gets better every day.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

ababenoit
on 4/10/13 1:09 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
Thanks guys... I guess I didn't think it would be this bad by reading everyone elses stories in the past... But it's bad. My pain level is usually pretty high.. I've had 2 C-Sections and it wasn't nearly this bad. Just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this picture lol.
BREAZA
on 4/10/13 2:41 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Oh boy, now I'm worried. LOL I get sleeved in a couple of weeks and keep telling myself it can't be worse than my 2 c-sections, but after reading your post now I'm worried. :)  I hope your pain subsides and that you start feeling better soon. Just think, in a few more months you're going to look back as a new skinny you and say it was all worth it! :)

Deckeriv
on 4/10/13 1:15 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

It was probably a little worse because of the c-sections. He probably had to cut away some scar tissue. As long as you aren't running a fever, you are okay. It does get better every day and pretty fast. Take more drugs, that is what they are for.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/13 12:22 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

Hang in there...it will get better yes getting out of bed is a pain I used the sheet to pull myself out of bed...give it a couple more days...you have come so far like the rest of us....Walking is the answer so do it I do laps around my dining room and kitchen...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views