Vomit

msmetha
on 4/13/13 1:33 pm - MO
I have vomited twice this week..both times I had barely eaten anything..I noticed that it was this yellow stuff coming up and it has the worst taste..has anyone experienced this??
Diana E.
on 4/13/13 1:39 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Sounds like it might be acid reflux.  Are you on a PPI?

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

msmetha
on 4/13/13 1:43 pm - MO
Yes I'm on Prilosec..I was taking nexium but my insurance changed and my new insurance doesn't cover it..this is horrible
Diana E.
on 4/13/13 4:42 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

You have a couple options.. keep switching PPI's until you find one that's covered and works.... other option would be to appeal to your insurance carrier that the one you were previously on, is the only one that works.

My husband has GERD really bad.  Rx Omeprazol is the only thing that works for him.  Luckily, it's always been covered, regardless of the insurance we have.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Carmelita
on 4/14/13 4:24 am - Four Corners, NM

Ever get so drunk ..not much in yer stomach but booze n puke BILE.? that yellow nasty stuff yer tasting is BILE yer refluxin BILE!!...from your small intestine. It don't belong in your stomach OR your mouth. Your wretchin so bad that pyloric valve (one way valve from stomach to the duodenum) has no other choice but to spasm n puke out bile..with the upchuck the esophagus valve opens up and into your throat n mouth it goes! Bile do not belong there!! burns nasty yech! ....Bile is in your small intestine cuz yer gallbladder is shootin it in the duodenum to emulsify FOOD FATS we eat..it sits in the duodenum anticipating food (chyme) a liquidy sludge..sent thru that valve in a series of squirts...to start its thing . BR is implicated in a whole lot of probs inc. barretts esophagus/cancer.  

Our livers are producin 2-3xs the NORMAL amount of bile n cholesterol daily during the rapid fat loss phase. Why many surgeons put pts on Actigall/Ursodiol (glycine,taurine,phosphatidyllcholine n a crapload of unneccessary chemicals)...to keep that bile nice n thin/ fluidy so when it recycles in our bodies it isn't pickin up n thickening w/ so much cholesterol  n puttin em it our gallbladders where it forms stones...what gallstones are...tiny to big ole hunks of fatty waxy cholesterol.  ...lol I know I used to cut my big ones open! HA! 

I don't know how far out you are, whether you have yer gallbladder, if your on Actigall/Ursodiol, if yer on ORAL only estrogen (birth control) which is ^^ risk factor for gallbladder problems. we don't have much HCL stomach acid bein produced post VSG ...but a little bit even isn't supposed to be in your throat either...n definately not liver bile! Some peeps are put on PPIs because of surgically induced GERD...too much cardia tissue severed so that valve cant close tight like its supposed to so reflux lil bit of stomach acid more... I don't know if you are on PPIs either.  

Follow the food plan given to you. but consider backin it up to the previous stage for awhiles longer.

make meals very small and more spread out thruout the day....avoid animal fats

Consider digestive enzymes help your stomach out! 

LOTS of soluble fiber...it binds BILE so more is excreted vs. recycled.  

Exercise...WALK ...MOVE!!  circulation up there...

Do GERD type behaviors....do NOT lay down 1 hour after eating or drinking ANYTHING!! STAY UPRIGHT!!  

No fatty cheesy greasy ANYTHING 3 hours before bed. Fats especially animal fats take ~5 hours to digest ya don't want that **** backin up into yer esophagus... 

Elevate head and shoulders at night/bed, pillows/a heavy blanket under YOUR side of the mattress...sleep in a recliner! or recliner position ,-) On your BACK  or LEFT side ONLY.

IF no relief, you reflux bile 1 more time...CALL YOUR SURGEON like yesterday!  Ain't normal...sumthin IS amiss! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views