Im ready for my beating...

Butterfly Mama
on 4/9/13 5:56 am
VSG on 11/01/12

But after that, please help!

Okay, so I had my surgery on 1 November, lost 60 lbs. (Yay me!)

But for the last month and a half, I have not lost ANYTHING.  It started out as a stall, but now I know its my fault.  I have been bad.  My carb monster has come ROARING back and I cant seem to stop it.  I mean I know Im not eating like I am supposed to, and every day I start off with the best of intentions but cravings are a *****!

I think maybe I need a carb detox or something (just lock me up and feed me only chicken and protein drinks please) LoL!

But seriously, any ideas on how to get a handle on this....PLEASE!

Shagdoll
on 4/9/13 6:14 am, edited 4/9/13 6:15 am

Gurl, I mean this with nothing but love even though I don't know you but it's waaayyyy too early for you to let that carb monster out of the closet BUT we are frickin' human & **** happens.  That little carb mojo got out, we just gotta lock him back in & throw away the key...

You probably already know what to do.  Just go back to basics.  I'm not sure what your doctor's plan is but high protein low carb seems to work best for most VSGers.  You will probably go thru a serious carb withdrawal but after a few days you will be feeling better.  Drink plenty of water in between meals so you don't get as hungry.  You are still in your earlier months so you can still get those pounds off.  I stalled around month 5 too so I know.  I got back on plan and got to goal by 1 year.  Well, I reached a personal goal & surpassed my doctor's goal but I did want to go lower but never got there.  It is harder later on so please take advantage of it now.  You will be glad you did.  Remember why you had weight loss surgery to begin with.  For me, it wasn't about looking good (that is a plus though) but I wanted to get healthy, be healthy & live a long life with my 2 adorable kids.  Get focused & just do it, plain & simple really.  Easier said than done????  Most definitely but try to get your head back in the game.  Once you start losing again, it's going to feel great!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Jls8877
on 4/9/13 6:30 am
The good news is that you recognize the problem. My suggestion is 2-3 days of protein shakes and water to detox. Start exercising. Get a therapist to help w/ur head issues.
Best wishes!!! I hope you can get back on track.
lunarose
on 4/9/13 6:35 am - Newhall, CA

Try to eat some dense protein before you touch a single carb. Even a glass of skin milk will help trigger the restriction so that you will be filling full before you even touch the carbs. That is what works for me. I can get all the refined sugar I want and not feel my restriction so I know I can never eat them alone.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/9/13 6:43 am
VSG on 10/09/12
No beating here...but...it happens. I am eating nothing but dense protein and veggies pretty much and still stalling out at six months post op. But I keep saying its a marathon and not a sprint so I will get there eventually. So will you. I would not advise skim milk like the previous poster as a glass of skim milk has 12 gr of carbs and if you are low carbing then that would be a lot in one go. You are right aboit the chicken and protein shakes! Go do it!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ravenbrown
on 4/9/13 7:58 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I kind of think you already know what to do.  Soooo, just do it :)  Distraction (exercise, reading, playing with the kidlet) and drinking water when I'm having cravings are the only helpful things I've found

Miss_T_CC95
on 4/9/13 9:31 am - Pasadena, MD
VSG on 03/05/13

You are not alone.  I am a month out and am starting to get cravings.  I have just been working on refocusing my mind and making good choices.

sarapilar
on 4/9/13 2:26 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Just wanted to give you a hug and say YOU CAN DO IT!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Keith L.
on 4/9/13 2:40 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

First, there are not detoxing from carbs as they are not toxic and they do not build up in your system. Carbs do however do other things that make them harder to stop eating, they provide you with energy, they increase seratonin levels, they are addictive.

That being said, the only way to "detox" from them is to stop eating them. Make sure they are not in your house. Stay away from vending machines. Load up your available foods with meats, cheeses, nuts, etc. low carb choices that you can eat as much and as often as you feel cravings. If you want something crunchy, eat nuts. If you want something sweet, go for a run.

Exercise is a great way to help curb cravings. You replace the urge to eat with something that burns calories.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views