2 1/2 weeks out

ababenoit
on 4/24/13 1:07 pm - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
2 1/2 weeks out and I feel like it's been months. I eat very little. Like half a scrambled egg or 2 tsp of chicken salad. When I do that I feel horrible... Feels like such pressure below my chest. I'm making sure to eat very slowly and chew very well.. But that's all I can eat.. No more than that. For lunch today I brought a lunchable and was able to eat 2 pieces of ham and 2 of cheese. Does this seem normal? I'm not able to get even close to the amount of water in supposed to drink since I went back to work. I'm lucky to get 24 oz in. I haven't started exercising because I feel too week after working all day. At 2 1/2 weeks I'm only down 10 lbs.... What gives? I was able to do that on a diet before surgery!

SuzyNZ
on 4/24/13 1:55 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Totally normal. Eating less is not a bad thing. I was still on fluids at your stage.

You have to keep drinking though. Water is important as dehydration is bad bad bad. Just keep sipping all day. Der a timer to remind yourself as its easy to forget at work if you get busy.

And don't worry about weight. Just stick plan and it will come. You are likely retaining water because you aren't drinking enough.

It gets easier!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

amia
on 4/24/13 3:02 pm - Marysville, WA

I was sleeved 4/4 and am still on liquids, and still having problems getting even those down. I have taken a few nibbles here and there, and get that feeling. That's bad. You don't want to screw up your staple line. I'd dial back the foods a bit. Your body is telling you to stop, it isn't ready.

SandyRi
on 4/24/13 5:23 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
The pressure might be gas or heartburn. I had never felt that before, and i always thought gas was lower.... ie farts. but i take chewable Gas-x and that helped a ton. Also did your doc prescribe prilosec or omeprazole? That is importsnt. It does get better!! Hang in there!

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

Minemake14
on 4/24/13 7:56 pm

Wow! At 2 weeks i was still on spoonfuls of yogurt, cottage cheese and other soft items....maybe scale back to soft stuff for a few days and see how you feel?  If you drink more water, you will likely also see more weight loss...hang in there, good luck!

Christine Heusinger
on 4/25/13 12:04 am - GA

IMHO, I think you should consider backing off of the solid foods this early in your recovery. Consider just eating soft, slurpy foods for another couple of weeks.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Monet2009
on 4/25/13 12:49 am - FL
VSG on 04/05/13 with
I will be three weeks out tomorrow, and I completely understand about the fullness. I am also eating soft food, but I make sure I get my water in, you should try and sip all day long. Since I we can on sip, I usually add juice or G2 to give it some flavor. Since water if also filing, you may need to just focus on high proteins only.

Monet

rn4kids
on 4/25/13 10:43 pm
Im also 2 1/2 weeks out and cant even eat as much as u. I can eat about 1/3 of one scrambled egg at a time or i get the tightness in my throat. Fluids are no longer a problem. I keep hearing it gets better, so i hope thats true.

Have u had any nausea? I had none until i started on pureed foods the other day. Hopefully my zofran will work!

Good luck to u

Lap Band 8/09 286 to 154 #

prolapsed/removed 8/12

current weight 238

scheduled for vsg 4/9/13

d_mac682
on 4/26/13 11:24 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
e_mrsmac
on 4/26/13 11:27 am

I am 3 weeks and 1 day out today.  I was having the same problem but turns out it was the acid in my stomach preventing me from eating, it was hurting to eat.  My surgeon subscribed a dissolvable acid reducer and I feel tons better!  I am now able to eat a whole scrambled egg with cheese and a 1/4 cup pureed strawberries for breakfast, 1/3 C. Chili beans with sour cream for lunch and last night I had 2 oz of steak (filet) and it was tasty along with 1/4 c grilled zucchini. I made sure to chew the crap out of it, it really helped that it was tender.  Hang in there it will get better just be sure to get some acid reducers down..... it really really helps!

As for the fluids I am still having a hard time getting them down.  Part of my problem is I still feel full for a couple of hours after I eat and I don't want to drink :( but I am working on it.  Just in the last couple of days I have been able to get a lot more fluid down.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views