Vegas NSV's

SeaGirl
on 4/29/13 3:30 pm
VSG on 02/01/13

I forgot to mention in my last post (since it was so long anyway!) that I spent my birthday weekend in Las Vegas with girlfriends and noticed a few NSV's in addition to my SV on my birthday:

* Sitting in the backseat of a cab with 2 girlfriends and not worrying that I am taking up too much space.

* Hanging out at the spa and not worrying that the towel won't wrap all the way around me - plenty of room in there now!

* Getting compliments on my swimsuit at the pool that were not followed by mental "for a plus size" comments.

* Walking in cute shoes comfortably for a long time since my feet aren't as pudgy now.  Plus my hip (replaced 10 years ago) doesn't bother me at all at this weight, so no limping around!

* Spending money at the craps table instead of on breakfast, since I took my protein shakes with me for breakfast (and requested a fridge for them from housekeeping, which was free since the shakes were considered "medical supplies").

* Enjoying great meals in SMALL amounts, so never felt stuffed, and never felt hungry or obsessed about where my next meal was going to come from.

* Enjoying a half glass of wine with dinner, but having no desire (or room) for more, so waking up every morning feeling refreshed and not hungover (I may have been the only one in Vegas without a hangover)!

* Seeing friends I haven't seen since the holidays (who don't know I had surgery) and were proud of me and how hard I have been working.  One thin friend told me I'd inspired her to increase her own health this year and was asking me for tips on how to decrease caffeine, sugar and carbs while still eating healthy.

I felt proud and happy, and really inspired to lose the remaining pounds ahead of me.

mokee
on 4/29/13 9:04 pm - OH

Congratulations.   Sounds like a lot of good things have come your way.  Imagine the NSV when you make it closer to goal.

mshill97
on 4/29/13 11:44 pm

Great NSV's. I can relate to the car one so much. Whenever I was in carpool situation, I always had the front seat b/c I was usually the biggest one. Now, I'm one of the smaller ones, so I'm relegated to the back when a group of us go out. Unless it's my turn to drive my car.

Most Active