Scheduled to be sleeved!

shannon11
on 5/3/13 9:09 am
I finished all of the Pre-op testing and am scheduled for June 10! I am terrified and worried about my two young daughters. A large part of why I am doing this is to be healthy and the best mom I can be. I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions on this board! Any other June surgeries?
A. Robinson
on 5/3/13 9:13 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13
Congrats! I was sleeved April 29th!
shannon11
on 5/3/13 9:48 pm
Congratulations to you! How are you doing?
Kelly M.
on 5/3/13 9:56 am - NY

Congrats on getting scheduled!  I completely understand about the young children issue.  Today I had my pre-op appointment, and we were going over all the risks of surgery.  My son, who is 10, grabbed my arm and started to cry; he said I don't wany anything bad to happen to my mom!  I felt bad, but later explained that the risks of me NOT having surgery are more so than me having this done.  I just want to be the kind of mom he deserves!  Good luck with everything :)

SW: 360 / HW: 368 / CW: 215

I was sleeved 05/16/2013

My  blog...come take a peek:  Changed Gurl

shannon11
on 5/3/13 9:49 pm
I haven't told my daughters (6 and 9) anything yet. Hopefully, we will both have smooth a smooth recovery and will be better parents in the end! Best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/13 10:01 am

Congrats on getting your date.

shannon11
on 5/3/13 9:49 pm
Thanks!
sheshemaclin
on 5/3/13 11:11 am - IN

hi shannon. im also a june sleever. june 18th. and like you im so nervous. i have three daughters and they are the reasons im doing this but im getting more and more nervous. ive failed at all other weight loss attempts and im scared im going to fail at this also. i have no advice or suggestions but wanted to let you know i def understand your concerns. but im sure we will both do great. please keep me informed of your progress.

shannon11
on 5/3/13 9:53 pm
Thanks so much! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Keep me updated...I too am fearful of failures. I go between fear and excitement. Worry of failure to real hope. In the end, maybe our daughters will learn by our new example to live in a healthier way and not have to deal with all of this.
AshNicole
on 5/4/13 10:08 am - MD

Good luck!

I am a June Sleever too!

I am scheduled for June 3rd. We will be a week apart.

All I have left besides my 2 pre-op appts is the blood work I am having this week.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views