This sounds insane...flashbacks!

prairie-dog-girl
on 5/6/13 11:30 am

I  was sleeved 10-29-12.After a little bit of a rough start, it's going well. I've lost 110# and want to lose about 30-35 more. Several years ago, I went through a very painful personal/family crisis. It left me extremely depressed/suicidal for 3 years.I just found out a friend is going through something similar right now.It sent me into flashbacks and the emotional pain is like it happened yesterday.I think I've ate 10 cookies in the last 2 days.I've never done this kind of thing post VSG. I didn't even know my stomach could hold that. I'm very upset with myself over this.Anyone experienced this? I need to get a grip. Any advice/encouragement appreciated!!!

71dart
on 5/6/13 11:48 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
My kids fighting drove me to eat until I got sick recently.

I've been reading books about emotional eating and overeating and how to self soothe that have helped me cope some. They're helping me get some perspective and begin to understand why I overeat and how to deal with it.

Just an idea.

Tom

SophieNJ
on 5/6/13 9:25 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

What Tom said, plus maybe get yourself a therapist.....

I understand your going for the cookies, but it doesn't change anything, does it?  get some knowledge on the subject, and be supportive for your friend - THAT can help change things.  Good luck!

Sophie

prairie-dog-girl
on 5/7/13 9:45 am

Thank you.I did go to counseling for awhile and didn't find it all that helpful. Knowing the pain and emotions my friend is experiencing brought it all to the surface, like it was yesterday.I'm reading some books  on emotional eating right now. Didn't have any cookies today though!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views