Zinc 50mg versus Biotin

BREAZA
on 5/7/13 3:12 am
VSG on 04/24/13

I guess this question is for the vets regarding what's better to help prevent hair loss. Is Zinc 50 mg better than Biotin or vice versa?

vs.

kitsyb
on 5/7/13 4:30 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

I took both.  Didn't start taking either until I saw the hair noticeably falling out.  I stopped when I realized my hair had grown back.  Took them for about 3 months.  The pics below show my hair at the very end of the falling out stage (8 months?) and the other is more recent (15 months out).

BREAZA
on 5/7/13 4:32 am
VSG on 04/24/13

You've got a lot of hair in both pics. :) Well my hair is thin on the top to begin with and can see my scalp so I'm a little worried about the losing hair part and am trying what I can to prevent it. I guess I should start taking both as of now.

lunarose
on 5/7/13 5:28 am - Newhall, CA

I took both along with using a shampoo and conditioner with biotin (I "washed" my hair daily with the conditioner and only used the shampoo once a week). I have extremely fine thin hair and not a lot of it to begin with so this was a major concern for me. I started about a month pre op and had minimal hair loss. You also need to be diligent with your protein and fluids too.

pharmergirl
on 5/8/13 4:23 am
VSG on 04/04/13
Hmmm...I'm not a vet, but I am a pharmacist. Sometomes zinc is given to stimulate appetite. I don't know how that would work postVSG. I'm just throwing that info out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views