Going crazy eating because I know I'm getting the surgery... ugh!

HilaryH8103
on 5/19/13 4:22 pm - WA
Get your mind right first & foremost. When people cheat in the pre-op phase they're only harming themselves, no one else. All they're doing are creating more pounds to lose. Bad idea!!!
Nikke2003
on 5/20/13 12:00 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I would get on the wagon so to speak as soon as possible. I was not hungry for even a second on the two week pre-op diet and it really wasn't all that difficult and I'm convinced it was because I had been eating healthy and cutting out the junk during the six month supervised diet. Also, I highly recommend that you try to lose as much weight before surgery as possible, even if you aren't required. First, that means less to lose afterwards and it may also make recovery easier. I can't imagine what it would have been like to try and get around after surgery with 108 extra pounds on me. Also, recovery wasn't very painful for me. Who knows... maybe it wasn't because of my changes beforehand, but I believe it played a big part.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

jjwbuster
on 5/20/13 4:01 am - Saint John, Canada

After my consult with the surgeon and signing the surgery forms I went crazy for about a week. I then settled back into my healthy eating routine. The week before the start of the pre-op liquid diet I did food funerals and even drove 3 hours to my favorite restaurant. The night before I started the liquid diet I went to a buffet place...didn't gorge but was able have a little taste of every type of food I wanted. I am on day 5 of liquids and I am not finding it difficult at all. If I do find I am feeling like I want to eat I just have another shake or a cup of broth with spices in it.

Another thing that I noticed is that if I am stressed then I want to eat. I am glad that I have been doing the mental work for the last 1.5 years as it has helped to recognize triggers and is easier to deal with the emotional eating that I use to do.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 146 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views