Food Hell Treadmill

Miss150
on 5/22/13 2:49 am
I listen to praise and worship music first thing in the morning while on the treadmill- it puts me in a, well, spiritual frame of mind. So, I'm doing my rendition of jogging, and looking at my feet, I think, "Never being able to get off this treadmill for eternity must be a little of what hell is like". You know, the same thing over and over forever, but never getting anywhere-stuck forever. Guess what? That's exactly where I was at a little over a year ago- eating, gaining, sleeping, isolating, depressed-on the treadmill called Food Hell. Getting off to the fast start, loosing some weight only to put it back on and more- over and over- year after year- never ending despair. Hopeless, helpless hell. So, this morning, my thank you, God, is that, while I may be on a treadmill every day, WLS gives me some hope that I am no longer on the Food Hell Treadmill. I actually feel- KNOW I am making true and lasting progress.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Jackie T.
on 5/22/13 2:59 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

That is awesome!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Imakitekat
on 5/22/13 3:02 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Funny how insanity and hell have the same definition- doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results.......kiss

Faye56
on 5/22/13 3:04 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

AMEN!!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

AdeanaMarie
on 5/22/13 3:18 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Terrific!  

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views