Anyone have answer? How to get packet protein into a bottle

VSG on 06/12/13

I have tried exactly twice to dump a powdered protein packet into a Dasani bottle and both times I have made a horrible mess everywhere. Yesterday, it was all over my car. Good times! I don't always have a shaker bottle handy for various reasons.

Anyone have a solution to this that they've found, particularly one that does not force me to carry a funnel?

Forever grateful...

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

shess1025
on 6/4/13 3:18 am - Novato, CA
A perfect question from someone named GadgetGrrl.....lol.
I'd get a second shaker for on the go .... Or take a piece of paper and curl it into a funnel shape.....or mix it before you leave. Or get a funnel. Or buy RTD.

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/13 3:41 am

???  A funnel from the dollar store.

sarapilar
on 6/4/13 4:25 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I recommend you change the bottle ;-)  I love my Camelback Eddy 33oz with a bite straw, at Target.  I pay for expensive mountain spring water now too, to be delivered at home.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

VSG on 06/12/13

I have one that I use for water and I love it. I put a slice of orange in it last Friday and am still tasting it, though. :-/

Does the shake clog the straw? How do you keep it cleaned out?

We have a water filtering system in the basement of our house that we installed for making beer/wine. I anticipate giving that thing a workout.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

sarapilar
on 6/4/13 9:58 am
VSG on 02/21/13

The Camelback Eddy is only for water, I use those fancy shaker bottles for protein shakes.  They are at Whole Foods and WalMart.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Christina_G
on 6/4/13 7:06 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Any outo store (O'Reillys, Advanced, etc...) will carry these little paper disposable funnels they are very small and easy to carry around or just keep a few in the car (you can even fold them lol) and they are free. hehe

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

Kelly-AnneH
on 6/4/13 7:44 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
The only solution I have involves carrying small scissors. Drink some of the water to make space, snip the corner of the packet of protein powder and sort of squirt the powder into the bottle. Cap tightly and shake well.

Preferred method - carry a small Rubbermaid water bottle in your purse. Dump in powder, add water, close lid and shake. The plus of this method is that you can make up your own single serving bags of protein powders. I like Syntrax, and it does come in single servings, but the jars are much cheaper, so I portion out my own servings into baggies and add 1/4 cup of dry milk powder. 30 or more grams of protein - just add water and shake.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

katym
on 6/5/13 2:07 am - PA

Hi I keep a small collapsible funnel in my purse and another in my desk drawer at work. Also the single-size packets of some brands come in a "stick" shape that is easier to pour w/o making a mess (have you tried Go-tein?)

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

erinhouser
on 3/3/14 10:46 am

Try using a Scoop that is also a Funnel. I like it best for putting it in my Protein Powder Tub versus using it with a packet, but you can also use with single serve packets. It is called ShootNShake and can be found in several websites. I believe you can even get on Amazon. Hope that helps!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views