VSG

OUSOONER1
on 6/8/13 7:53 am - CA

On Thursday I had my VSG surgery and I fell so horrible today since I'm so incredibly sore, of course it was different the hospital since o was on morphine!!! I woke up this morning wondering if I could get out Of bed which I did do.  I'm hoping and praying I'll get to feeling 

Islandertra
on 6/8/13 8:03 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Sorry that you are feeling so lousy. I promise it will get better each day. Just keep on walking and sipping.....PROMISE!!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

Jackie T.
on 6/8/13 8:35 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Everyone's experience is different.  It will get better.  Try to keep moving around because it will ultimately help you heal but do not over do it.  Take small walks.  Make sure you are drinking.  You just had major surgery so give your body time to heal.  My positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!

Welcome to the loser's bench!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

mhogans
on 6/8/13 2:46 pm
VSG on 05/28/13

It will get much better! Just stay strong!!

"For every pound dropped it's one less pound to worry about in my future."

sarapilar
on 6/8/13 3:45 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Sending hugs!  Keep posting on here and people will help with caring and support!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

mickeymantle
on 6/8/13 4:26 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you got out of the hospital fast , my surgeon keeps most patients in the hospital 2 nights , you don't get the sip test to the next morning and he will not sigh you out till you prove you can drink enough

take the pain killers the help you heal , if the don't work call your doctor for something else, if you are nausus  tell the doctor he can give you meds for that or take you off opiates which make  alot of people sick 

make shore you are drinking enough or everything will go down hill

hope you feel better soon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

OUSOONER1
on 6/8/13 10:32 pm - CA

Thank goodness is a new day!  I woke up with less pain than yesterday and thought well I better have a protein drink with my MEDS this morning,  the Nector Protein drink does tast good with some ice cubes in it.  Yesterday, when I woke up and realized may APAP/ codeine had directions on it to only take 3 weeks post op.  I emailed my doctor and then thank goodness he called me. Dr Cirangle has been great about responding to emails

downhome
on 6/9/13 8:43 am
Are you a displced Okie?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views