Newbie saying hello

smittyjen
on 6/16/13 7:37 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Just wanted to say hi to everyone...I've been snooping around this board as I've been trying to decide which WLS would be best for me....you guys are so informative and are such an inspiration to me

I'm a mother of 5 year old twins and a Speech Pathologist at a local nursing home....life is very busy and unfortunately, during these past 5 years, I have not taken care of myself...I have bad PCOS (had to do IVF just to get preggers)...I'm insulin resistant and have high cholesterol..being 280 lbs is unfathomable to me! The weight is really starting to get me, not just on the outside but the inside...I feel my body slowing down and I'm in pain just walking some days. So, that's why I'm here...this has to stop. I've had my initial consult with the surgeon which went very well...he says he wants me at 130 lbs! AHH! So this week, I have to have lab work, EKG and CXR done.....and so my journey beginskiss

Jackie T.
on 6/16/13 8:52 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Welcome no matter what surgery you chose.  It is a personal choice and you should choose the best surgery for you.  I started at 285lbs, 5'6".  I am almost 6 months out and down a little over 92 lbs.  My surgeon's goal was 189 lbs but I am going lower but I am almost to their goal.  All of the surgeries are work and if you work your plan you can make it to your goal weight.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

smittyjen
on 6/16/13 10:33 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Thanks Jackie for the reply......and way to go on your awesome loss so far!angry

sweetsue12172012
on 6/16/13 2:54 pm - TX

Best of luck to you! I will say that I love my sleeve and can not believe how it has changed my life so positively! It is hard work and dedication to our new lifestyle but SO worth it. I know you will make the right decision! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views