starting 2nd week of pre-op..8 days away from surgery...

charmedaz
on 6/16/13 1:24 pm

and im..depressed? i spent the day in bed...through all my troubles in life im rarely depressed....im pretty positive and generally happy..sassy..laughy.....is it nerves? i gathered "important" papers today and put them in one spot, easy to find, in case something happens if you know what i mean...

did anyone else go through a day like this coming down the path? 

pineview01
on 6/16/13 1:42 pm - Davison, MI

I think most people do.

I had a lap band in 09 and had it removed in '12.  I went thru it when banded and than again when sleeved.  I got the hebbie jebbies even worse the second time, go figure.  Than the surgery and recovery was so much easier with the sleeve.

If you are to anxious, you might want to call doctor and ask if there was something you can take.  I was on paxil fo the band.  For the sleeve, when I starting doubting myself I would close my eyes and do deep breathing and relaxation exercise.  Just relax and go to your happy place what ever it is.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debra M.
on 6/16/13 1:50 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
I believe everyone is frightened before surgery. You are not alone. I was worried before my surgery, but now I am so happy I had it done.

You could also be feeling tired from the pre op diet. It is a big change going from solid food to liquids.

Good luck with your surgery. Just look on the bright side. In only 8 days it will be behind you.
pineview01
on 6/16/13 1:53 pm - Davison, MI

Love your avatar

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debra M.
on 6/17/13 2:31 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

That is my bird, Binky.  It is a good thing she is so loud.  If she were not, I would have 5 birds.

pineview01
on 6/19/13 6:59 am - Davison, MI

Sun Conure right?  My nephew has one and it is as load as three amazons or both Macaws or both ****atoos.  But all eight can be louder.    I bought the B&G and ****atiel before I had a proper education.  The other six are re-homed/rescues that came from others that didn't have a proper education before getting parrots.

Debra M.
on 6/19/13 7:31 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
My husband checked out a book at the library, Parrots for Dummies. I learned how smart they are, how to potty train and how to discipline. Binky is very social and will let anyone hold her. She is a wonderful companion bird.

Jenny C.
on 6/16/13 2:13 pm

Yes!  I did.  Totally normal, imo.  I'm 2+ years out from surgery, normal weight, crazy distance cyclist.  Good things are waiting for you.

south494
on 6/16/13 3:26 pm - NC

No you are defintely not alone. I went through that as well. It was almost as if i was depressed daily. Mine started about two days into the liquid diet. I am not a week post op.Looking back i am so glad i stuck to it. You have come this far. Keep your head up. Even on your darkest days know you are not alone in them. I am so glad i go my sleeve. I love it. Good luck!

3DogLover
on 6/16/13 7:08 pm

Mine is a week away also and I'm starting my liquid diet today.  I can't believe how nervous I get after working so hard to get approved.  I just keep thinking how much better I'm going to feel in the long run.  Hang in there, we'll both make it through this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 140 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 408 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 435 views