Anti hunger

Kimbaru
on 6/20/13 6:33 am - WA

I'm 15 days out and am allowed soft foods, at this point.  My problem is anti hunger.  I have had a lot of nausea since surgery,  the Zofran makes me so sleepy I try not to take it.  All food/ drink is repulsive to me.  I am forcing down some yogurt and some shakest I don't know if this is normal.  I'm only managing about 45 grams of protein a day.  Water is fine.  I'm not doing carbs.  Should I just enjoy the weight loss?  I have a call in to my doc., but you guys have seen it all :-)

Thanks ,

Kim

Deckeriv
on 6/20/13 6:36 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Sounds normal. You tummy is still swollen. If you are getting in your liquids you will be fine.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/13 6:38 am, edited 6/20/13 6:38 am

My recommendation would be to get at least 60 grams of protein per day - more when you can manage it. You want to avoid losing muscle mass during weight loss. The only way to do this is to keep your protein levels up (most important)  and also strength training to combat muscle loss is highly recommended.

Edited to add: Of course, don't do any exercise until you are cleared by your surgeon. You are still very early out.

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/20/13 2:16 pm

Your water is good. You are getting fluids.  You will increase your protein when you can. Your stomach may be more swollen then others. I didn't get in all of my protein at two weeks either, but you will increase.  You will enjoy food again. In the meantime, just go through the motions.  Just focus on doing your best and increase protein when you can.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Kimbaru
on 6/21/13 3:11 am - WA

Thanks everybody.  I managed to get some cottage cheese in yesterday and got my protein up to 55 grams!  My doc thinks it's that I am more swollen than most.  I have several auto immune diseases, like lupus, and I tend to have a problem with inflamation, so that's probably contributing to it. Moving forward slowly