Intro

bigolalaskan
on 6/20/13 11:14 am - Spring Creek, NV

Greetings from Northeast Nevada.

Rejoined at this site.  Was here over 10 years ago when I had my lapband surgery.  Had my lapband from 2002 to 2005 when the second slip required it to be removed.  I had lost 200 lbs.  I have gained all but 60 lbs of it back.

I am a 54 year old woman.  I live with my elderly parents, helping out as much as I can, and two of my adult children.  Living in a 3 generational household is interesting to say the least.  

I currently weigh 350, give a pound or two.  What really shook me was going to get an MRI on my back and not being able as I was .4 lbs over the weight limit.  My back and hip have reduced me to tears just running to the store for a few groceries let alone having to go to walmart to stockup.  Not looking for sympathy, just the way it is.  I'm to young for this.  I want to go for walks again, be able to go to the motorcycle jamboree here in town or the classic car shows, or the fair, and not worry about how far it is for me to walk or how far is it between benches so I can sit down.

After doing some research the Sleeve surgery looks right for me.  Reading your posts reaffirm that thought.  I am especially suprised at how fast you all have taken the weight off,  

I'm researching surgeons now.  I have a choice of two cities, Reno and Salt Lake.  I live pretty much in the middle of the two, although Salt Lake is an hour or two closer.  

Thanks!!

lnettles1963
on 6/20/13 11:49 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Good Luck with the research. I am having the sleeve on July 12th and I love this site. Almost all of my questions have been asked and answered by someone else. I am on here reading everyday just soaking up all the pre-op and post-op tips.

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. Much success!!!

Lois

Sandy M.
on 6/20/13 11:57 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good luck to you!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Stephmom
on 6/20/13 4:51 pm
I am also from Nevada! I'm going to first consult on Monday with Dr. Kozar in reno, he's one of the best in the nation, he actually helped perfect the sleeve. Good luck to you and I hope we can keep in touch!
bigolalaskan
on 7/1/13 10:07 am - Spring Creek, NV

Salt lake is closer to us than Reno.  Good luck.  Let me know how it went.  

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

pineview01
on 7/1/13 1:29 pm - Davison, MI

Welcome!  I too had a lapband.  I had it removed 9/12 and was sleeved 1/22/13.  This is the best thing i have done for myself. (I'm in my mid 50's too.)  You really did great with the band.  I only lost 60/80.  If you did that good with the band you should do great with the sleeve. 

I had gained all my band weight at one time but as they loosened the band every month for the last 9 month I was able to get it most back off.  Than while the band was out I gained 1/2 back.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views