Who is the farthest out from surgery?

Justme7
on 7/1/13 6:40 am - ID
Who is an "old timer" with your VSG? Any problems or regrets?
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/13 11:12 am

Not sure who is the farthest out but I am band to sleeve revision 6/08, so five years now.

No sleeve problems, I do have esophageal damage from the band that is still an issue but it isn't due to my sleeve.  No regrets at all.

lunarose
on 7/1/13 1:37 pm - Newhall, CA

Not the farthest out but I am almost three years out. No problems no regrets.

pineview01
on 7/1/13 1:38 pm - Davison, MI

I would love to hear from those too.  So, so far our vetted vet is 5 years

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MacMadame
on 7/1/13 4:25 pm - Northern, CA

I think ThinLizzy is the farthest out of the people who still post. I'm 4.5 years out but she's 6 years out.

All the other people who were here when I got here are long goal though. I see them on FB but not on OH.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Ms Shell
on 7/2/13 1:44 am - Hawthorne, CA

November 2007 here.

Problems:  I can't eat as MUCH as I want in one sitting.  I can eat little bits over time.  The surgery did NOT clear up my love/issues with food.  I still want to eat but can't.

Other then that which is ALL mental I love my VSG and it gave ME exactly what I wanted, control of the amount of food that I show in my face at any given moment.  At 43 and for most of my LIFE I weigh the good and the bad and make INFORMED decisions, so no regrets.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Lori C.
on 7/2/13 3:58 am - San Jose, CA

I'm 6 years post op and I have no regrets.  None, zero zip.  I think many people have said that their only regret was not getting it done sooner and I agree.   I have not had any problems with my VSG and I know that if had stayed at my previous weight that I would have many health problems by now.  It is the best thing I have done for myself.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views