13 days post op...

ltljennjenn
on 7/1/13 10:51 pm
Starting to feel sooooo much better. I am sleeping, getting in my fluid with no issue and can walk from A to B without being totally out of breath! Finally feeling I am going to be ok.
But here's the thing, I haven't lost a pound since last week?? How can this be, I barely have anything in me!!?
I know all about stalling but already?
Could it be something I'm doing?? The only thing I can't do yet is the protein, I still gag at it all so at least stay hydrated and get in Greek yogurt.
Heeelp!!

ltljennjennkiss

Sandy M.
on 7/1/13 11:42 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Have you checked your measurements?  I find when I'm not losing weight that I'm losing inches!

You're still healing, so focus on the hydration (sounds like you are), and the rest will come.  You're doing great!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Deckeriv
on 7/1/13 11:45 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

It will happen, be patient. Glad you are feeling better.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

princesswimmer24
on 7/2/13 12:14 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I would check your measurements. Also could it be water retention? Are you swelling at all in legs, ankles or feet?

ltljennjenn
on 7/2/13 1:50 am
Nope, no swelling, not even that time of the month! Not sure what my measurements were to begin with, my doc has those...so I will just wait....impatiently!!

ltljennjennkiss

linzeelee
on 7/2/13 2:05 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

I understand how frustrating this is. A week after surgery I gained 2 lbs, then stalled for a week straight. I chalk it up to a combination of swelling leftover from surgery/healing and getting my period. The scale was not my friend for the first three or so weeks. I'm at 6 and a half weeks now and am finally seeing more consistent losses (well, I am figuring out my weight loss pattern, anyway...it's not exactly consistent).

It sounds like you are doing all you can. Try to be patient and trust that the scale will respond to your efforts. Believe me that I understand this is more easily said than done. Hang in there!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Jennifer L.
on 7/2/13 3:44 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

You can swell up and not even realize it. Of course, I am pre-op for this surgery but I have had several other surgeries in the past. Those IV's dude... they can swell you UP! I don't know if you BP was ever an issue, but double check it to make sure that is alright (a higher BP can cause swelling). 

I have mentioned this in another post... after my 2nd child (a 9lb kid!) i gained weight rather than loosing... I went for my check up with my 2 day old baby, my BP was sky high and I gained a few lbs as well. She gave me BP meds (also doubled as a water pill) and I lost 40lbs IN A WEEK!!! ALL WATER WEIGHT!!! It was insane! I couldn't believe I was that swollen... I didn't know it was possible!!! Just trust it will come off.. you are still recovering... but my suggestion is to just double check your BP.

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views