Sons graduation party....

grayC
on 7/8/13 1:20 am
VSG on 05/01/13
So Saturday was my sons backyard BBQ bash for his HS graduation...
We catered from an awesome ribs and wing place and I wasn't concerned about eating off plan, I was just going to enjoy the day...
Well I had to prepare the horsdoevers (so i was running like crazzy!) and I really didn't pick much I had 4 mini quiche, 2 teriacki meatballs and 1pork dumpling over the corse of the day/nite
And out of the BBQ I had 1/2 a rib 1roasted chick.thigh ( skin removed ) and a taste
( not even a 1/2 a forkful) of pot.salad and cole slaw... And 1/2 of a sliver of cake...
I thought I'd feel deprived because I wasn't pigging out but I DIDN'T!!
I really have changed in the last 2 months food is not something I think about much
( or should I say I think about what I need to eat as far as getting my protein in, but I'm not an obsessive, glutton anymore)
I thought I was going to see adverse reaction from the scale or my blood sugar that nite but I didn't...I guess all that running around making sure everyone else's needs were met that day made me burn off anything that wasn't so great for me...so I guess what im trying to say less than eloquently is that once again I have to declare...I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! SAVED MY LIFE!!! And that really taking out free will for me made all the difference...I was happy and satisfied all day, had some great conversations with awesome family and friends and what's better than that!!!

MayPenGirl
on 7/8/13 1:31 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You were able to taste and not go overboard.  Awesome self control!! 

Isn't it awesome that food is not as important to us as it was before? 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

grayC
on 7/8/13 3:34 am
VSG on 05/01/13
MayPen...
It's UNBELIEVABLE to me...
Literally not 10 weeks ago food controlled my life in EVERY aspect...
What I'm gonna eat...when I'm gonna eat...when I'm gonna eat again..
What are they serving at a party/get together I may be attending...
The fact that I didn't gorge myself, I ate some and was satisfied, simply amazes me!

A. Kondrlik
on 7/8/13 9:13 am
VSG on 01/24/13

My daughter's party was yesterday.  I made all the food.  Unbelievably I did not lick, taste while I was cooking and i was able to stick to the meals I had planned for myself.  I didn't feel deprived at all.  I was so busy talking to all the guests that time just flew  by.I did not feel brave enough to take a bite of dessert or anything but fruit salad and the meats we had.  Those cake pops did look good, but I didn't dare.I was afraid

When I logged everything my numbers were pretty good, except my protein was a little lower than I usually have it 

Thank you wonderful sleeve!!!

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views