Difference between VSG and Band post op

bigolalaskan
on 7/9/13 12:02 pm - Spring Creek, NV

Greetings.  I had a lapband for about 2 1/2 years about 8 years ago.  I noticed there are a number of failed bands here.  

Ex  Bandsters:  how would you describe the post op experience compared to the post op band experience?  I realize I will have to treat the VSG much like the band (well chewed bites of food).  Are carbonated drinks a definite no no (I'm talking the occasional beer / sparkling wine, not occasional soda).  I am assuming breads and pasta are usually not digested as well because of their gummiess?  

I did note weight seems to come off alot faster.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

pineview01
on 7/9/13 12:33 pm - Davison, MI

There are two groups here you might want to check out; the failed band and the Sleeve to band group.  I had the revision in two stages the band out 4.5 months.  I found the recovery from the sleeve much easier and wished I had been able to get the sleeve from the get go.  I am almost 6 months out the the sleeve and have lost all the regain and now weigh 30 pounds less than I ever got down to with the sleeve in 3.5 years.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

bigolalaskan
on 7/9/13 1:07 pm - Spring Creek, NV

I just put in a request to join the band to sleeve group.   Thanks for the info!!

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

pineview01
on 7/9/13 1:13 pm - Davison, MI

You're approved

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tia47
on 7/9/13 2:51 pm - cleve, OH

There is a band to sleeve grp?

tia

Sandy M.
on 7/10/13 12:16 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I know everyone is different, but for me, the difference is 100% positive with the sleeve.  I had the band for 7 years, and always had to know where the bathroom was just in case.  The band slipped and caused a hernia, which caused further misery, including horrible reflux.  I'm about 2 1/2 months out with the sleeve now, and haven't even come close to throwing up.  The reflux is gone (although for some it gets worse), and I can eat anything, including bread or pasta if I want.  Now I feel FULL instead of being STUCK.  I wish the sleeve had been available to me from the get-go, or that I wasn't so worried about losing 80% of my stomach.  It's such a blessing!

Good luck in your research!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views