Home Sweet Home!

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 9:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I have been finding some great low card/low cal recipies of foods I like. I even found one for pizza the uses chicken for the pizza crust (seriously!) 

I am not thinking food all the time lol ... it is mostly an issue when I smell other foods. For the most part, I have been too busy to think about food on any regular basis. Just ready to chew something! lol (and oddly, something salty... I am a sweets girl so wanting salty THIS much is rather new for me). 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Keith L.
on 7/15/13 10:08 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Many of my tastes changed after surgery. I liked spicy foods before and now I like them even spicier. I craved banana so much during my liquids phase that I bought a ton of banana flavored proteins and never drank them. You will experience a lot of changes over the next couple of weeks/months. I obsessed over food but found tha****ching food network and reading recipes became a really good replacement for eating. Now I like writing about food and cooking. 

The chewing thing was really big for me. I can warn you not to think you can chew something and spit it out. I tried that a couple of times and ended up swallowing several days before I was ready and it was not very pleasant. Its worth the wait.

You will be amazed in a few weeks you will look back on this like it was so long ago. Every week from here until about 6 months is an adventure, then you are like oh, now I know everything there is to know about this, then you have a couple of months of sort of just plugging along, then you start thinking about maintenance and plastics.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 10:13 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

That is my issue too... the chewing thing! I really would love to chew on something! I wont... I just want to. lol

I look forward to this adventure! Its going to be wild, thats for sure. I already have plastics on my mind... lol but thats because I already have some skin from my pregnancies that is too lose. lol 

Its just nice to finally be on the other side! I miss chewing, but I wont do anything that will jepordize my surgery. I am feeling pretty good right now, don't want to screw that up!

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Keith L.
on 7/15/13 11:13 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

If you get desparate I would suggest sugar free gum (unless your surgeon said no gum, mine did not), but whatever you do, do not swallow it!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

VSG on 06/12/13
I went thru a salt craving mini phase, too. And, I will say that salty things in general hold more appeal to me than sweet right now. That is a total reversal.

Glad you are doing well.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 10:53 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Isn't it weird? It is for me. I enjoy salty foods but I rarely ever "crave" them.

Thank you though! I am surprised how well I am doing. If it werent for the bit of pain around my incisions, and the interesting sensation when I drink a bit too much water, I wouldnt even have known I had surgery. lol

Instagram

lil1inside
on 7/15/13 11:40 am
VSG on 07/10/13

Can I get that recipe from you!  Of course for much later....  I had a food dream...

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 11:59 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

http://yourlighterside.com/2012/12/bacon-extravaganza-deep-dish-pizza/

Its a great little site full of so many low carb stuff! I cant wait to try it all!

Instagram

puzzled
on 7/15/13 12:37 pm - Palatine, IL
VSG on 05/20/13
We just made the chicken pizza last night. It was good. I was so excited when I saw that on Food Network. Glad you are back safe. You will get to chew soon. I know what you are going through.

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 12:48 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I look forward to attempting to make all these yummy things! I am not a big chef... cooking was never my thing but I know I am going to have to if I want to eat good tasting food that wont hurt my progress. 

Instagram

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views