Home Sweet Home!

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 8:26 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

If you've been following me on Instagram, you know how well I have been doing! The surgery went great and I am feeling pretty good! Although, I do wish I had some pain meds right now (it is a bit uncomfortable at times, especially when I am sitting) but even so, I feel pretty good! I got back home FINALLY around 1:30am. My flight connection was delayed, then took nearly an hour just to take off because of the weather.

I am back home with my husband and my kids! I missed them a lot!

However, I am SO bored with my food. I know, I know... its just a short time... it will pass soon... it is for my own good... It will help my stomach heal...but I am still super bored!! I want to chew very badly! lol I have been dreaming of eggs and chicken. lol I know it is weird... I just want something more substantial.

I have had NO problems so far... the only slight issue I had was with milk... but I was already slightly sensitive to it prior to surgery but it wasn't a big issue. This time, I drank some in the airport (I was in need of protein badly) and saw some milk. I drank a little and felt a bit sick (first time feeling like that since surgery). Otherwise, I have been fine! Protein shakes have been going down fine, water fine, pudding fine, ect. 

I just cant wait for the mushy stage... 

The good news is the scale finally went down! Lost 5lbs! Woohoo

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

themexcellentone
on 7/15/13 8:40 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Glad you made it home okay!  I am worried about how I will do with milk as well.  I haven't had any in a few weeks because pre-op I had issues with it, but I think I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes.  And yay for being down 5 pounds!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 8:53 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks!! How long do you have to be on the full liquid diet, per your surgeons request?

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

themexcellentone
on 7/15/13 8:57 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Three weeks.  I'm okay with it.  My surgeon is really conservative with progressing patients through the different stages of foods.  It works out such that by the time I go back to school in August, I'll be able to have solids again, so I won't be the freaky teacher at work on a full liquid diet, haha!

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 9:30 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Three?? that is conservative. You seem to be doing well! 

Instagram

themexcellentone
on 7/15/13 9:47 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Yup...3 weeks!  But I'm good with it.  Anything to make sure my sleeve is healed up and keeps me from springing a leak.  My doctor said to me back at my last consult before surgery, "Don't do anything that will make me have to open you up again."  So that's the plan!

pineview01
on 7/15/13 8:48 am - Davison, MI

Welcome back.  Glad to hear all is well finally.  

I used Unsweetened almond milk after surgery.  I was 4 months out before I used regular again and didn't have issue. I had problems with milk during the liquid diet when I was banded so didn't want to go there again.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jennifer L.
on 7/15/13 8:54 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks!

I like almond milk and excited to try coconut milk, so I am ok about the milk thing. 

Instagram

ShelleKarena
on 7/15/13 11:49 am
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I made kick ass ice cream last year with coconut milk.  totally vegan.

Super Cali Swagalistic Sexy Hella Dopeness!

Pre op: 15 lbs  M1: 18.4 lbs M2: 13.4 (2 wk stall) M3 14.4

Keith L.
on 7/15/13 9:05 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Congrats...and stop thinking about food. Actually what helped me through the early days was oddly watching the Food Network and planning low carb versions of what I was seeing.

Glad you made it back ok, now the real fun begins.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views