Hair loss

denisedufrene
on 7/22/13 3:38 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

How long after the hair starts falling out (it has been 3 weeks already) can I used color on my hair the gray is starting to show....I would just do it myself not a salon color just the one that washed out after 20 days or so...I don't know its if it would be ok.....my hair becoming very thin....any suggestions is appreciated...

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

claimmaster
on 7/22/13 3:53 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I'm in NO way an expert on hair color, but my hair always feels so nourished after being colored.  I wouldn't think it would be a problem  Just my opinion though.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Sandy M.
on 7/22/13 4:05 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I don't think the major hair loss happens until typically the 3rd or 4th month.  I've been coloring my hair every 6 weeks regardless!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Bufflehead
on 7/22/13 5:12 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If you don't want to dye it, you could check into using Nanogen or Toppik. They can cover your gray roots as well as make your hair look a lot thicker and fuller. I use Nanogen and I think it works great. I've also used Toppik and think it's a really good product, just not quite as good as Nanogen. Lots of people swear by Toppik though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcYSiP7-J8

lunarose
on 7/22/13 5:49 am - Newhall, CA

Dying won't affect the hair loss or prolong the disruption in its growth cycle but if your ends are dried out it will make it worse. I dyed my about three to four weeks after I was sleeved. I had too much gray to use the semi permanent dyes but if you can get away with it I'd use the semi just to keep your ends healthier What I did and seemed to help is that I used and still use hair products that have biotin in them Garnier, Nioxin, Organix and Nexxess all have products that contain biotin. I have ever thin very fine hair so I was super proactive starting my regimen a month before my sleeve. I also started my biotin supplements a month out. I wash my hair using only the conditioner everyday and only use the shampoo once a week. I use a leave on biotin spray to fini**** off. Surprising it does not come out oily in the least bit. In the end I lost very little hair barely noticed it.

denisedufrene
on 7/22/13 6:52 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

thanks for the info really appreciate it....

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

A. Kondrlik
on 7/22/13 7:31 am
VSG on 01/24/13

My hair has been falling out for about 6 weeks, I have had it colored twice in the last 2 months.  It actually makes it feel fuller because the dye coats the hairs.  I told my stylist I might just let myself go gray and she said "Oh no you're not"

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views