hiccups?

beagal70
on 8/6/13 8:08 pm - TX
VSG on 08/06/13 with
Day one and I have had more episodes of hiccups than I had in the last year....is this normal? I am still npo until they do the leak test about 10 an
tigerlilly3847
on 8/7/13 12:37 am
VSG on 06/06/13

I have them all the time more than I have had in my whole life.... I got my sleeve june 6th 2013 and I get them all the time... I just now were I over look it... now...

slatond
on 8/7/13 1:56 am

My hiccups are the sign that I have reached full. But since you are day 1 not sure what they means for you. I actually LOVE my hiccups. I rarely have them but when I do, I know to stop eating. Until I was 1 yr, I could honestly say I'd never gotten sick or had foamies w/ my sleeve (thanks to the hiccup). However, @ 13 mo. I ate a small carrot and must not have chewed it well -- foamies. :-(. Then last weekend I ate a salad and accidently fell asleep right after and woke up about 1 hr later -- sick and foamies. So can't say that anymore. But neither case was due to overeating. One was not chewing well, the other laying down after or the bad lettuce scare???? Not sure what happen but won't lay down after a salad again. Yuk!

Carmelita
on 8/7/13 5:16 am - Four Corners, NM

yes totally normal. ...even thru the next 2 months of dietary phases for ya.

Runny nose as well. Sinus (runny nose), phrenic (diaphragm-hiccups) nerves runs in tandem with the main vagus nerve (top of the stomach) ...several branches of the vagus nerve that go along either side to bottom of the stomach are severed... Nerves take a good while to heal. 

Overeating, eating too fast, too much...symptoms present themselves...later on:

For prolonged hiccups..a packet of DRY stevia like truvia, sun crystals, stevia in the raw ...or a packet of DRY splenda, equal will usually remedy...or a teaspoon of any may help.

As you get into your meal a few bites....remember...to LET EACH BITE THEREAFTER...SETTLE before proceeding to the next bite.  WAIT a minute or two before taking that next bite....Let you brain catch up...get the message....that you are DONE...

immediately put up for later or discard.  Takes a lot of practice....SLOW IS especially GOOD while ya go thru the progression of textures dietary phases....to promote staple line healin  and ya got your trainin ...err  re-training wheels on .-)

leak test yech! ...a nasty necessary evil...even tho ya can pass it, may still have a leak ...usually around 4.5 weeks out...you'll know yer in the clear. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 438 views